Lt. Governor Jari Askins

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Shadowrider, I don't know ... I found this site that tracks voting records and cannot find any gun legislation that she voted on. Further, I am not sure where she gets off stating that she voted for "conceal to carry" when she was not in a voting office in 1971 when the Firearms Act was passed originally.

But then again, I have not done an exhaustive search of her record because for me it is just a drop in the bucket. Even if she has voted "yea" on gun issues I still would not be voting for her because of her overall philosophies.

http://votesmart.org/voting_category.php?can_id=8806
From an article in your link:
Financial times are tough at the state capitol, and difficult funding decisions are being made by the Republican-controlled legislature, Askins said.

"As we saw in this last budget cycle of the legislature, many of the decisions that have been made are going to have an impact on this state for a long time to come, a negative impact on this state," she said. "We cannot balance the budget on the backs of people who need our help."

To me this sounds just like Nobama and his cronies. So if we just don't have the money, we'll spend it anyway?

Stuff like this is why I don't trust the dims and it applies to most issues across the board.

Buzzgun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
According to the latest Fallin ad, Askins was one of 5 who voted against the Oklahoma Self Defense Act in 1995.

If that is true, it's more than enough for me to NEVER vote for her.

permafrost

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I looked at a small part of her voting record, sems she was a absent on several important votes. Voted in a lot of unimportant ones. Reminds me to much of The big "O" for my vote. Don't trust her or her allies. Fallin for me.

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I looked at a small part of her voting record, sems she was a absent on several important votes. Voted in a lot of unimportant ones. Reminds me to much of The big "O" for my vote. Don't trust her or her allies. Fallin for me.

That's what got my attention. And when you send e-mails or the media asks her where she stands, she gives a non-answer. ex:She hem-haws around when asked about the Arizona immigration laws for weeks, then finally says something about it falling under federal jurisdiction. She still won't say where she stands on the health care bill. Why not? Does she not know? Is she hiding her opinion because she wants to get elected first and then come out where she stands? Between the non-voting and the talking around the issues, it smells like 100% politics as usual to me. As much as Fallin has voted for stupid crap in the past (stimulus bill), at least shes not afraid to tell the people where she stands. Fallin's getting my vote.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
According to the latest Fallin ad, Askins was one of 5 who voted against the Oklahoma Self Defense Act in 1995.

That makes two of us. I was already leaning toward Fallin (while holding my nose) but that sealed it. IMO, there were no good gubernatorial candidates this year, no matter the party.

tm8634

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

true that...unless i get some good explanation on that add being wrong im not voting for her...

Rod Snell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Look for NRA-PVF endorsements coming out soon.

NRA-PVF is endorsing Mary FAllin for OK Governor.

Askins record does not match her claims, and she did not answer my email asking 2A questions.
I think the NRA-PVF is getting this one right.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Look for NRA-PVF endorsements coming out soon.

NRA-PVF is endorsing Mary FAllin for OK Governor.

Askins record does not match her claims, and she did not answer my email asking 2A questions.
I think the NRA-PVF is getting this one right.

Yep, just got my bumper sticker in the mail...

Might be good for reusing target papers...

Latest posts

Top Bottom