Lt. Governor Jari Askins

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I always find it interesting when non-political people talk about political people. I hope this doesn't surprise anyone, but there are politicians here. If you are not political you are dead. My guess is that 100% of the people who post on this board are political. My guess is that 100% of us are NRA members and there is no more political organization on the face of the earth than the NRA and for good reason.

I served in the Oklahoma State Legislature for 10 years then served in the first Bush [daddy bush] Administration. I am political as I have a political philosophy and it isn't a liberal philosophy.

I would never vote for anyone running for office under the premise that "I am not a politician." That is just running away from the issue. It is deceit at the very beginning. I don't trust people who try to hide behind these kinds of phrases. I also don't trust anyone who throws their religion at me. I have been had by to many of those who proclaim their religious views in public places.

My experience is that there are some really good people holding public office. There are also some crooks and scoundrels as well. And the percentage of crooks holding political office is pretty close to that of the general society.

Holding a political office and trying to do a good job is a thankless job. To really look out for the public interest means we have to vote against things that have a negative effect on people. I am old enough to draw a Social Security Check. However, the Social Security system is going to bankrupt this country at some point in the near future. We simply have to fix this problem. There are only two ways to fix this problem. Either cut benefits or raise the taxes to fund it into the future.

The general public is very hypocritical on this issue. We complain when the politicians in Washington don't fix this problem. Then when they try to fix it we blame them for the cut in benefits to old folks or vote them out of office when they try to raise the taxes to fix it.

My personal thought is that we just get rid of the whole mess.

I am sure I have worn out my welcome with this post. So, I will just quit here.

There's a third option: Cut the pay, perks and benefits of our "thankless public servants" and put that money back into social security since they're the ones who constantly "borrowed" from it to fund their inefficient, bureaucratic gov't programs in the first place. That's MY money that I worked hard for, put into a program I never asked for and tapped into by politicians until there's nothing left and now you say my choices are to have my taxes hiked MORE or take LESS than what I paid into the system? And "thankless"? There are public servants who put their lives on the line everyday, THEY'RE the ones who deserve more "thanks" than just a paycheck drawn from people's taxes. I wouldn't call a bureaucrat a "public servant". The fact that you call the general public hypocritical because they want whats rightfully THEIRS to begin with has made me revise this post about 30 times so I don't get banned. :rant:

Latest posts

Top Bottom