LUBE..... Your preference?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My opinion is that lubing vs not lubing is most important. As long as the lube is not detrimental to firearms and you lube periodically you should be ok. I use rem oil as a general coating and weapon shield for rails. But I would use anything gun friendly to be honest.

Also I just got passed down an H&R bolt action shotgun that belonged to my great grandpa. I'm fairly certain that my grandmother hasn't oiled it at all for the past 20-30 yrs she's owned it and it barely had a hint of surface rust.

+1. I've collected a plethora of greases and oils, and use whatevers closest for any particular part I'm lubing.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Mobil1 - I drain out the bottles when I change my oil in the cars and use that.

I use some leftover moly grease - from the cap of the tube that went into the grease gun - for where grease is needed.

I have RemOil in my cleaning kit and on my gun bench for when something just needs a quick spray of protective oil to last until I can clean/oil it.

}BuLL

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm pretty new to gun ownership, but I use Ballistol to clean and lube my 1911 and AR. I believe Mark is still a local supplier. marksfirearms.com

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hoppe's elite for most everything but use a high temp axle, CV grease for the rails, it's not the red stuff (has a translucent tan color) but basically the same.

Was seeing more wear than I liked on my M&P rail tabs and when I would break down while using the Hoppe's they always looked dry.

Wolf44

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mr. T = use caution with your Royal Purple - their trany fluid used to eat yellow / softer metals...... can't imagine the oil component would but??????

Latest posts

Top Bottom