LUBE..... Your preference?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i did a little research and it turns out if you don't wipe off the excess FL it gums up badly, collecting dust and what not. So for the people that soak down their guns then wipe them down...all of what migrated into the trigger group or anywhere you don't really wipe down will gum up and could cause problems in the future. Someone on another forum wrote an email to frog lube and they replied confirming this.

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ballistol if you can find it.

Ive always used ballistol but like i said i had some rust develop on a well oiled (with ballistol) rifle barrel. And if you read the above posted article, ballistol didn't fair so well as far as corrosion protection goes.

As far as an all around lubricant i have been happy with it. No worries wiping down antique guns, wood and all. Just looking into other options

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wonder if frog lube did a video on their machine comparing the 2, would the results be opposite of this? Also I would have liked to see him wipe off the excess FL as per manufacturers instructions prior to running the test...just not impressed by that video.

Latest posts

Top Bottom