Lyrica and Ambien

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would see a good chiropractor about this. A pinched sciatic nerve will give the same symptoms.
MD just dont understand the central nervous system like a chiropractor.

You ask what Nueropathy is, then suggest treatment? That sounds odd.

I looked it up after I asked.
is that still odd? And I didn't recommend treatment, I recommended a type of Dr. To see about it.

Wow... there is so much wrong here I could go into, but I am not looking to start an argument. Suffice it to say that suggesting a chiropractor for treatment of diabetic neuropathy is not the answer.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Wow... there is so much wrong here I could go into, but I am not looking to start an argument. Suffice it to say that suggesting a chiropractor for treatment of diabetic neuropathy is not the answer.

Yeah Doctors are always right.

My Dr. Wanted to put me on high blood pressure meds for life.
my chiropractor cured my blood pressure issue in 2 weeks. Pinched nerves feeding my heart/arteries was the problem.

Sent from outer space or somewhere from my mobile device

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah Doctors are always right.

My Dr. Wanted to put me on high blood pressure meds for life.
my chiropractor cured my blood pressure issue in 2 weeks. Pinched nerves feeding my heart/arteries was the problem.

Hmmm... well, I'm not gonna speak on that issue, as I don't know the specifics... however, if you want to argue the points you made above regarding neuropathy, chiropractors and physicians, I'd be happy to let you know where you are wrong. I was only trying to be civil - but giving people misguided medical advice is problematic for me. Sorry.

<edit> I'll also add that I'm sorry you have such a poor opinion of physicians, for whatever reason.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Hmmm... well, I'm not gonna speak on that issue, as I don't know the specifics... however, if you want to argue the points you made above regarding neuropathy, chiropractors and physicians, I'd be happy to let you know where you are wrong. I was only trying to be civil - but giving people misguided medical advice is problematic for me. Sorry.

I'll also add that I'm sorry you have such a poor opinion of physicians, for whatever reason.

Dude, chill man. I dont hate doctors but I dont trust them 100% of the time either.
Suggesting to someone to see a chiropractor isn't misguided at all. They may not be able to fix your issue BUT may be able to help with it or other issues. So its not going to hurt anything to check the condition of your spine. Most people walking the planet have some misalignment in their spine and dont even know it. A sub laxation in the spine won't always cause the back to hurt but it will result in organ or muscles to not respond fully to brain transmissions therefore not functioning 100%.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dude, chill man. I dont hate doctors but I dont trust them 100% of the time either.
Suggesting to someone to see a chiropractor isn't misguided at all. They may not be able to fix your issue BUT may be able to help with it or other issues. So its not going to hurt anything to check the condition of your spine. Most people walking the planet have some misalignment in their spine and dont even know it. A sub laxation in the spine won't always cause the back to hurt but it will result in organ or muscles to not respond fully to brain transmissions therefore not functioning 100%.

I never said anything bad about chiropractors. Nor about you. But the fact is, you're suggesting someone see a chiro for neuropathy - now you're backpedaling. Saying it won't hurt, maybe they have other problems, etc. It's just silly. I'm sorry, but I will just point out the things that caught my attention. I don't need to "chill" because I'm not upset. You seem to be taking offense to me pointing out that you are incorrect, a fact that is simply a fact, not a jab at your character or anything of the sort.

You said MDs don't know near as much as chiros about the "central nervous system".... an opinion which I could dispute until the cows come home, but the fact is, there are quacks and geniuses in both fields. That is neither here nor there.

Your spouting off about the central nervous system simply clued me in to the fact that you have very little (if any) knowledge about the problem being discussed. You see, not to be argumentative or pedantic, but peripheral neuropathy is not a central nervous system problem. It's a peripheral nervous system problem. So your assertion that chiros know more than physicians about the CNS, while misguided, is also irrelevant. Peripheral nerves and peripheral nervous system problems are quite different than those of the central nervous system, in spite of most people thinking "nerves are nerves" and that they all act and react the same way, or have the same or similar disease processes. In addition, you further compared neuropathy to sciatic nerve issues - which is another peripheral nervous system problem, just so you know, not a central nervous system problem. Sciatica is a problem with the sciatic nerve - not the brain or spinal cord, the components of the central nervous system, along with cranial nerves (of which the sciatic is certainly not one).

In addition, peripheral neuropathy has symptoms which are characteristically quite different from sciatica, which I won't go into - unless you need me to, in order to further demonstrate how you are comparing vastly different syndromes using incorrect assumptions based on simple anatomy and then using your incorrect assumptions to suggest not just improper, but wasteful medical consultations. Again... I'm not bashing chiropractors, and have suggested many people in my practice and my family see one (in addition to nutritionists/dietitians, physical therapists, massage therapy and, yes, even acupuncture).... but never for peripheral neuropathy.

If you want to continue this discussion, I'm happy to do so. As I said, I'm not upset, simply correcting ignorance as I find it and as I am able. Not starting an argument, just countering assumptions with facts. That's all.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We just had a friend of the store, who was taking Ambien, drive in his sleep 6 miles to see his brother. Unfortunately, our friend died after rolling his truck and his brother has been dead for years.

-Hoov

I'm sorry to hear this. Stories like this are the reason neither of us take ambient unless the other can keep an eye on us.

Latest posts

Top Bottom