M&P Shield Information Center

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tul9033

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm happy with both of them and the price is good @ $45 I believe. He does have a 4 week backlog last I heard. They are made of .090 kydex so they are nice and thin, but still plenty rigid and fit very well. He offers them in many variations. I've gone to loops for all of my holsters vs clips, hooks, tabs, etc and he offers all varieties. I want to be sure when I tug on my gun I get only the gun. One thing I wish it did was cover the mag release. Many holsters fail in this area.

What do you think of the PJ Holster? I was really interested in that before I found an inexpensive DeSantis Tuckable at MidwayUSA.

Last edited:

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Foxx holsters make a copy of the crossbreed supertuck for half the price.
I've been using mine with a kahr cw9 for the past 2 weeks now and so far its a great holster. Retention is great and comfort as well, and it doesnt stray from its original location like a few others ive used.

Garand

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They aren't getting any cheaper. They had the 9 a few days ago, but still have the .40

http://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore.com/products2.cfm/ID/115738

That Vance place listed above had them for 429 earlier in the week too, but I wasn't in a spot to try to figure out their shipping policies (tied down with work that day), when I went back they were sold out.

Actually it looks like they still have the .40s http://www.vanceoutdoors.com/products2.cfm/ID/115738/name/smith-and-wesson-mp40-shield-40sw

kimgcampbell

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good comments! Thanks all!

Admittedly, Shields in 9mm are hard to find. But once you find one, how to wring out the best from it?

First step, has to be the Apex Tactical kit. Second, may be the Talon Grips. What other things have you found that make an excellent gun out of a very good gun?

Soonr80

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got a 9mm for my wife about 3 weeks ago at Academy at 81 and 169. I was calling often and they happened to have one just come in.
I was close by and got it. $400.

tul9033

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use a dremel, flitz, and a wool wheel to polish the feed ramp, striker nub (bottom and front), and the trigger bar part that engages the striker block as well as the loop that engages the sear. Just get em shiney for that extra bit of smoothness.
On the Shield if you are comfortable with a 4.25 lbs. trigger pull you can save some money by just buying the Apex sear and USB. The springs in the kit add about 1 to 1.5 lbs. to the pull.

Good comments! Thanks all!

Admittedly, Shields in 9mm are hard to find. But once you find one, how to wring out the best from it?

First step, has to be the Apex Tactical kit. Second, may be the Talon Grips. What other things have you found that make an excellent gun out of a very good gun?

kimgcampbell

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree! When I installed my Apex kit, I polished the trigger bar surfaces. I can't tell how much difference it made, but I am happy with the final result.

On the striker nub, are you talking about the projection that comes down from the striker out of the slide? How did you avoid changing the firing pin/sear engagement angle?

Does anyone know what night sights fit the Shield? I have seen other report that the Trijicon SA37 fit. I was wondering if the TruGlo sight for the regular M&P fit the Shield.