M&P Shield Information Center

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tul9033

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you are just polishing you won't be changing the angle. The sear engages the forward facing part of the nub (it holds the striker back) and the bottom downward facing part of the nub rides the top of the sear. The bottom facing part on the new gen striker has a raised flashing line that I try to polish out. I may lightly stone it to help, but stoning can certainly take material off.

I agree! When I installed my Apex kit, I polished the trigger bar surfaces. I can't tell how much difference it made, but I am happy with the final result.

There are several sights that fit or just over hang a bit, I beleive the Tru Glo's fit if your into those.

On the striker nub, are you talking about the projection that comes down from the striker out of the slide? How did you avoid changing the firing pin/sear engagement angle?

Does anyone know what night sights fit the Shield? I have seen other report that the Trijicon SA37 fit. I was wondering if the TruGlo sight for the regular M&P fit the Shield.

coveyjt

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
The firearms counter at the Tinker AFB Exchange will have a bunch of shields in 9 and 40, plus at least 70 XDS's on the 26th. And they will be offering 7% off everything.

kimgcampbell

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
The 2A Shooting Center in Tulsa on Admiral just west of Yale has a Shield in .40 SW&W for rent. $10.00 rental, and you must buy their ammo. Also have their range fee.

I shot their .40 before a 9mm that unexpectedly appeared in their store (which I bought, lucky soul). The .40 was very controllable and reliable; the 9mm is more so, since the 9mm is less powerful. I chose the 9mm version because I wanted that extra round. With Corbon's, the 9 should be just as potent (practically) as the .40.

Hope that helps!

TJay74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you are just polishing you won't be changing the angle. The sear engages the forward facing part of the nub (it holds the striker back) and the bottom downward facing part of the nub rides the top of the sear. The bottom facing part on the new gen striker has a raised flashing line that I try to polish out. I may lightly stone it to help, but stoning can certainly take material off.

You can also polish the striker release on the bottom side of the slide as well, it will make the transition across the trigger travel smoother as well. I will prob order the apex sear for mine as well and then take my slide apart and polish the striker release on mine. I take mine from a square |-| to a more rounded (-) when I am done.

Also where are you all finding a finished sear at, all of the ones I found say they are to be final machined my a smith. The original Apex sears I found were all drop in and use.

tul9033

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
By striker release are you referring to the striker block? The round disc ball bearing looking piece? That is the same part as the Apex USB and they do they rounding and polishing.
Many smiths user a 3M abrasive wheel to get that ball bearing shape. I pay the $30 for it, I'm sure it would take me a few tries to get it right. The real PITA is the rear sight has to come off to replace the striker block or reshape it. If you have a fairly loose sight it's not as bad, but a tight sight you better have a few brass punches on hand or aluminum if you don't mind a bit of marring.

You can also polish the striker release on the bottom side of the slide as well, it will make the transition across the trigger travel smoother as well. I will prob order the apex sear for mine as well and then take my slide apart and polish the striker release on mine. I take mine from a square |-| to a more rounded (-) when I am done.

Also where are you all finding a finished sear at, all of the ones I found say they are to be final machined my a smith. The original Apex sears I found were all drop in and use.