M1 Garand / M1A / M-14 Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They don't turn you away, but you don't get to leave with the rifle in your hand either. They ship all of them. But still, you can make a trip and inspect (they will even loan you gages) and pick the exact one you want, pay, do the paperwork and that's what will arrive at your door. I think I'm going to cry when they run out of rifles. CMP has been around so long it seems like a part of "Americana" now. Also their armorers know what they are doing. When you get one from them you can almost make book that it's gonna run, headspace is correct, etc. At a gunshow? Not so much...

Actually, I believe you can walk out with your rifle(s). But you'll pay the local sales tax, which is considerably higher than the cost to ship the rifle(s) to you.

revo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Keeping the Thread alive.1955 CMP SA SG. The chamber is still in the white! I swapped some parts around to have almost a complete SA rifle expect for the HRA stock and IHC hammer.

[Broken External Image]

OKC_Jim

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Actually, I believe you can walk out with your rifle(s). But you'll pay the local sales tax, which is considerably higher than the cost to ship the rifle(s) to you.

Yep, you can walk right out with it. Despite it being cheaper to have it shipped, I prefer to take mine with me.

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you do not mind me asking, any idea what a gun of that quality costs from the CMP prior to the additional stock treatment you did to it. i noticed the cmp listing their mid grade rifles for like 700-800 if i remember correct, but just from a description i cant tell what i would actually be getting....

I picked the rifle up from the owner of the Banner Rd range out in El Reno. It was a CMP service grade that he had ordered back in May or June of last year. He marked the price up quite a bit, but after trading another rifle plus cash I am into it for only $625. I have an additional $50 in the stock since I picked up a rack grade post war SA stock for that price and traded it for the special grade CMP stock in the photos.

YakBasser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh Yeah....He saw it. What a Cool moment. He latched onto it and the Stories started. Yep He was in the "1". No active duty, but Lotsa stories! His Original Field Jacket and tags are in the Pic (-: Thanks Mr. "perplexed" !

Gotta shootin trip planned next weekend.

zodiacflyer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i1052.photobucket.com_albums_s449_zodiacflyer_DSC_8397.jpg

i1052.photobucket.com_albums_s449_zodiacflyer_DSC_8405.jpg

Springfield Standard M1A, and H&R M1, The M1 is all original, and has not been rebuilt, according to the CMP guys, they couldn't sell it as correct grade because it has a Springfield Bolt. Apparently when H&R was building the last of the M1's they bought a lot of Springfield parts to complete the rifles. S/N 5,503,1XX. It's a good "10 ring" gun, except when I get the 7th round stoppage once in a while. It has the original wood, and NO import marks. Expensive to feed, but she runs fine. Wish I had a pic of a target... (sounds like a good weekend project.)

Latest posts

Top Bottom