Machine Shop Recommendations

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

forindooruseonly

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Friend's wife overheated her hot rod. Need to find someone to check out the heads and tell them whether they are good, salvageable or scrap and do whatever needs to be done. Preferably near OKC or SW, but anywhere that is reputable. Been a long time since I built a motor and have no idea who is a good machine shop anymore.

Ryan500L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Moore Machine shop is good but he stays really busy. Don't know how quick of a turn around time he is these days. DJs in Lexington does good work. I wouldn't use Folk's or Boyds unless you want to spend a lot of money.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
DJs in Lexington does good work
DJ did all my dad's machine work, going back to when he had his shop on (IIRC) Industrial Blvd in Norman. My brother was going to get an engine machined, but DJ told him not to bother because it was in too good of a condition for machining to be worth the cost.

His shop is a few miles east of Lex on highway 39. I'm pretty sure it's east of the prison, but still in Cleveland County. I used to go that way regularly, but it has been many moons.

ETA: I looked it up; he is east of the prison, just west of 180th, on the north side of 39.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I use Folks in Norman and they have quick turnaround.
Moore Machine is excellent, Bert is a stand up guy.

I do not know his time frame but many times i took something simple in there for inspection and he handled it on the spot.
He also does boat engine bore and hone.

Latest posts

Top Bottom