Any Shops That Paint Whole Truck with Bedliner?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you want to really make their day, go buy them a compressor with at least 5CFM capacity at Harbor Freight (sell it after) and the Raptor liner kits off of amazon. You'll have a new bedliner paint job for well under $1000!

That's exactly what I would do normally, but I'm lazy and don't really have the time to invest. I'm slow too. HA!

The oldest boy (he's 12) is all about using his hands ... He is not the least bit interested in college -- is planning on (actually already doing lawns for anyone who will let him) starting a lawn service when he turns 16, i.e. gets his license, and wants to do trade school but doesn't have the slightest idea which one yet.

He is interested in EVERYTHING. So that compressor isn't a bad idea. We were thinking about getting them both shotguns so they could start shooting skeet but that could wait ... It's not like they aren't going to the range with Grumpy every chance they get now. Lol

I never thought I'd say this outloud much less mean it but it's kinda nice having kids around again. They are pretty good at keeping Grumpy outta my hair. 😉🤣🤣

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Send them to Camp Chippewa.

Pfft ... They are from Hawai'i. They'd rather do things that EARN them money ... Even though they were youngsters living there they will talk about how horrible the cost of living on the islands is. They've lived on the beach and kinda prefer city living. Lol

Gideon

Formerly SirROFL
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bedliner adds alot of weight to your vehicle.

If it were me, I would sand it and shoot it with red or gray primer and carry on.

A package from Amazon with a Raptor Liner kit (which includes the weight of the bottles, packaging, spray gun, etc.) is 11.62lbs.

Might take 2 of those to cover your whole vehicle depending on size and what all you’re spraying.

We’re talking 20lbs at most.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A package from Amazon with a Raptor Liner kit (which includes the weight of the bottles, packaging, spray gun, etc.) is 11.62lbs.

Might take 2 of those to cover your whole vehicle depending on size and what all you’re spraying.

We’re talking 20lbs at most.

I had a truck that I had the bed sprayed with line x, not sure how much the guy used but there was a noticeable difference in how the truck handled and rode after the line x was applied. It felt like there was at least 100 pounds in the bed.

Thats why I made the post I made.

Gideon

Formerly SirROFL
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a truck that I had the bed sprayed with line x, not sure how much the guy used but there was a noticeable difference in how the truck handled and rode after the line x was applied. It felt like there was at least 100 pounds in the bed.

Thats why I made the post I made.
Ahh I see. I would assume you would lay it on pretty thick for a bed lining, compared to a fairly thin layer for the body.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The oldest boy (he's 12) is all about using his hands ... He is not the least bit interested in college -- is planning on (actually already doing lawns for anyone who will let him) starting a lawn service when he turns 16, i.e. gets his license, and wants to do trade school but doesn't have the slightest idea which one yet.

He is interested in EVERYTHING. So that compressor isn't a bad idea. We were thinking about getting them both shotguns so they could start shooting skeet but that could wait ... It's not like they aren't going to the range with Grumpy every chance they get now. Lol

I never thought I'd say this outloud much less mean it but it's kinda nice having kids around again. They are pretty good at keeping Grumpy outta my hair. 😉🤣🤣
my good friend from school day's started mowing when we were in highschool we are 60 now he's still doing it and put 6 girls through college.. made a bunch of money!! something to ponder!!

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
my good friend from school day's started mowing when we were in highschool we are 60 now he's still doing it and put 6 girls through college.. made a bunch of money!! something to ponder!!

Yep! It's crazy what you can do if you are just willing to work. My dad had a pharmaceutical salesman who said she made more money mowing lawns in the evenings than she did working for the drug company. Only reason she didn't quit was benefits.

It's really amazing to watch them work out hypotheticals. I asked them one afternoon while we were goofing around if either of them knew anything about investing. "NO! THAT'S GIRL STUFF!!" " UGH, AUNT PATTI THAT IS BORING!" :naughty::musketeers:Ahhhhhhahhhha a challenge ... Lol

So ... In the house we went to get a pencil and notebook. God bless those 2 ... They both now have a "regular" savings account, a 529 account, have profiles on Vanguard forum. Part of Christmas for them this year will be to set up Vanguard accounts for them/mom and/or dad/grandma or me to deposit regular amounts of money each month. The hope is that they will have choices in their 30s the older folk in the room did not. Not because we weren't trying but because no one taught us. The oldest is even taking about "playing the market." He's being kinda stubborn about it. Me and mom are just about ready to hand him $250 in Monopoly money and tell him when he can double that money then we will let him play with real money. :naughty::naughty::naughty:

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep! It's crazy what you can do if you are just willing to work. My dad had a pharmaceutical salesman who said she made more money mowing lawns in the evenings than she did working for the drug company. Only reason she didn't quit was benefits.

It's really amazing to watch them work out hypotheticals. I asked them one afternoon while we were goofing around if either of them knew anything about investing. "NO! THAT'S GIRL STUFF!!" " UGH, AUNT PATTI THAT IS BORING!" :naughty::musketeers:Ahhhhhhahhhha a challenge ... Lol

So ... In the house we went to get a pencil and notebook. God bless those 2 ... They both now have a "regular" savings account, a 529 account, have profiles on Vanguard forum. Part of Christmas for them this year will be to set up Vanguard accounts for them/mom and/or dad/grandma or me to deposit regular amounts of money each month. The hope is that they will have choices in their 30s the older folk in the room did not. Not because we weren't trying but because no one taught us. The oldest is even taking about "playing the market." He's being kinda stubborn about it. Me and mom are just about ready to hand him $250 in Monopoly money and tell him when he can double that money then we will let him play with real money. :naughty::naughty::naughty:
Yep save young !! if i only knew how important that would end up being.!!

LongDDan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Father-in-law had a truck that survived a Moore tornado but the paint was blasted and small dents everywhere.
It began rusting and I went to his house and got to sanding it with the kids and other relatives that wanted to join in.
2 hours later i was spraying Rust-Oleum Camo paint on it.

Did a camo paint job and all the dents seemed to disappear.

The neighbors and even the mail carrier commented on it.
What they said is what did you do with the old red Dodge truck.
I did not know you were even trying to sell it.

Small town in Missouri.
They thought he had sold the beater and got a new vehicle and had it wrapped.

HA!
220 grit hand sand to make spray can paint stick well.
If you use a DA you better go rougher.
Peeling clear coat you need to really rough that stuff off.

I like my camo cheap paint.
I have done it to 2 cars and 1 aluminum boat and it sticks well.
About 7 hours if you do it alone.
Less than $70 for supplies.
I want to see some pics of the truck now

Danny

Latest posts

Top Bottom