Man interferes with military's efforts to put out fires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From what I could see on the video it looked like he was just waving his arms, as if to wave the chopper off.
It was kind of blurry though.

Maybe the pilot should have dumped the water on him.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wonder if anyone ever thought to ASK the owner if they could use water from his pond. I'd bet a dollar to a dog turd if they had it would have been an entirely different outcome. I know from my own perspective, if you need it, I'll likely give it to you (whatever IT is). If you try to take it from me you won't like the response.

Just food for thought.

In most cases I'd agree, but since the state already has the authority under the law, and we are dealing with a rapidly evolving fast moving wildfire, having the pilot grab water where he sees it is much faster than: Pilot locates pond, calls in the location, waits for someone to be dispatched, waits for that someone to find the pond he's talking about, waits for someone to locate landowner, waits for permission to be relayed back, then gets water if he hasn't run out of fuel and/or the fire hasn't moved even farther and destroyed more lives/property.

Still goes back to the all too common example of people beating their chests and saying "I know my rights" when quite often they don't have a clue what "their rights" are in the given situation.

VIKING

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A friend of mine's only source of water for his home is from a pond. A pond that he just spent 6 grand on to have cleaned out and made bigger and he is also running a 3 inch pump from another pond a half mile away to keep the new one filled. This is after he has sold his livestock and is now only trying to keep his household in water. Lots of areas in northern Oklahoma have no rural water lines and drilling for water is nearly impossible. Lots of homes have pumps and filter systems set up on ponds..

Latest posts

Top Bottom