Man interferes with military's efforts to put out fires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mos Eisley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ai677.photobucket.com_albums_vv132_sbeebe_picard.jpg

ch-47 mech

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I suggest everyone that is upset about this send in your addresses to
3501 Northeast Military Circle
Oklahoma City, OK 73111-4305
and ask them to not use any of the water brought in by the choppers to extinguish the fires if they happen to be threatening your property unless they provide you with writen consent from the property owner in which they retrieved it from.
This guy is an idiot and i hope he goes to jail.

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
In that case he can take it up with the fire chief later and they would likely have no problem bringing a water truck to with a few thousand gal. to replace what they used.
This guy is a tool and should be given one to the hip.[/QUOTE]

Where did the water come from? Did he purchase it? Is he paying taxes to obtain it for free? Did it all fall directly from the clouds into his pond? NO to all these questions. Its not "his" by any legal standard I don't think.
Conversely his downstream neighbor could pose the fact that his daming of a channel actually was an act of steeling water from those downstream. This argument is being made right now over Sardis lake and the Choctaw nation claiming ownership of the water.

I'm not a legal expert by any means but this is how I see it. Also, his guy needs to be punished for pointing a firearm at the Heli. and I expect he will.

Its like your saying you saw him point the gun??
This is crazy...lets make comments like that after you found out he did or didnt commit the crime. Like all the witch burners from the f'ing casey Anthony case. geez

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its like your saying you saw him point the gun??

No, I'm not saying that. I don't know if in fact he had a gun, just going off what they are saying. I didn't see him in the video do anything that looked like pointing a gun but the very fact that he might have thrown rocks or anything else to interfere is reason enough to say hes an idiot and should pay some kind of consequence.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This guy is an idiot and i hope he goes to jail.

For possibly pointing a weapon at a military aircraft, I can't say I disagree. But saying this in regards to a man defending what's rightfully (or at least easily assumed, though that's no excuse) his is a bit extreme. My defense for this guy isn't about saving the land and homes of others, as I'm sure he didn't necessarily want homes to burn down, but for defending his property. My emotions and my morals say "dude, peoples homes were burning, you had the closest water supply!" but my brain makes me question whether or not he was in the right to defend his property.

Thanks to whoever that was that posted the link earlier explaining the legalities of this situation showing that he was in the wrong.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can understand the frustration during a drought, but you have to understand the needs of the community as well in order to be a good citizen. The time to discuss the issue would be after the fires have been extingushed. They might be a lot more willing to replace the water then.

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
No, I'm not saying that. I didn't see him in the video do anything that looked like pointing a gun but the very fact that he might have thrown rocks or anything else to interfere is reason enough to say hes an idiot and should pay some kind of consequence.

Absolutely. If found guilty of the accused crime. I'm just saying I believe that we need to stand behind "innocent until proven guilty".

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can understand the frustration during a drought, but you have to understand the needs of the community as well in order to be a good citizen. The time to discuss the issue would be after the fires have been extingushed. They might be a lot more willing to replace the water then.

J.B.,

Now's not the time to be reasonable! Grab your gun and get angry at someone!

Latest posts

Top Bottom