Man interferes with military's efforts to put out fires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okie362

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not disagreeing with you and I'm not talking about rights. More thinking right and wrong. In this case 2 wrongs don't make a right.

Also understand, I don't blame the pilot or the crew of the aircraft for doing what needed to be done at the time. I most likely would have done the same under the cicumstances.

As for the law, I don't necessarily agree with it. Just because legislators made it a law still doesn't necessarily make it right IMHO. There are several laws I disagree with.

okie362

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Didn't tag it but this was a reply to SMS.

Not disagreeing with you and I'm not talking about rights. More thinking right and wrong. In this case 2 wrongs don't make a right.

Also understand, I don't blame the pilot or the crew of the aircraft for doing what needed to be done at the time. I most likely would have done the same under the cicumstances.

As for the law, I don't necessarily agree with it. Just because legislators made it a law still doesn't necessarily make it right IMHO. There are several laws I disagree with.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A friend of mine's only source of water for his home is from a pond. A pond that he just spent 6 grand on to have cleaned out and made bigger and he is also running a 3 inch pump from another pond a half mile away to keep the new one filled. This is after he has sold his livestock and is now only trying to keep his household in water. Lots of areas in northern Oklahoma have no rural water lines and drilling for water is nearly impossible. Lots of homes have pumps and filter systems set up on ponds..

In that case he can take it up with the fire chief later and they would likely have no problem bringing a water truck to with a few thousand gal. to replace what they used.
This guy is a tool and should be given one to the hip.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can't believe this conversation has made it this far. Its a mute point, The water does not belong to this land owner....and in fact we don't know he was the land owner, they can't find him?

grizzly97

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In that case he can take it up with the fire chief later and they would likely have no problem bringing a water truck to with a few thousand gal. to replace what they used.
This guy is a tool and should be given one to the hip.

Can't really say that, because the reporting is all over the place now. He was shooting at the heli....he had a rifle....he had a shotgun....he was throwing rocks...he was waiving his arms...can't find him. Point being, we don't know what the hell happened now. My new stance is, don't know what the hell to think now. lol.

tran

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I can't believe this conversation has made it this far. Its a mute point, The water does not belong to this land owner....and in fact we don't know he was the land owner, they can't find him?

I understand what your saying but, think on this. He is the owner of the land in which the water was obtained from so, Possession is 9/10th of the law. No one should have the right to come upon you property with out permission. I do agree that he should have never went to the lengths that he did. That was uncalled for, but Right is Right.

okie362

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Next headline will read "Oklahoma Man Takes Down Blackhawk With Slingshot!!!"

Can't really say that, because the reporting is all over the place now. He was shooting at the heli....he had a rifle....he had a shotgun....he was throwing rocks...he was waiving his arms...can't find him. Point being, we don't know what the hell happened now. My new stance is, don't know what the hell to think now. lol.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I understand what your saying but, think on this. He is the owner of the land in which the water was obtained from so, Possession is 9/10th of the law. No one should have the right to come upon you property with out permission. I do agree that he should have never went to the lengths that he did. That was uncalled for, but Right is Right.

Except when it comes to water rights. Look at the posts above regarding the OWRB. They were very specific and relevant to this scenario, and quite insightful.

ssmoked

Marksman
Reaction score
Agreed that he shouldn't have pointed a weapon at a heli, they still could of sent someone by to knock on the door and ask if he minded if they took some water. He probably would of said fine, but by the fact that they just took it off his land and didn't even give the courtesy to ask I would have been pissed too. Not to his extent tho..

Latest posts

Top Bottom