Mandate that ALL Private Sellers who sel over 50 guns a year should be FFLs Means...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Of course it would take the passage of a new federal law to implement registration (and the repeal of the existing law law that specifically prohibits it). It's no secret that there are many who would like to see such registration passed; and if they did, it would definitely be cause for harsh 2A measures against anyone attempting to enforce it; but I just don't see it happening any time in the foreseeable future.

I also don't think the Executive branch will try to put any hard limit on how many guns a person can sell before they will deem them to be "in the business" and required to get an FFL. That would limit their ability to bring suit. They have indicated that they prefer to leave things vague and reserve the right to go after anyone they in their sole discretion think is in violation.

cktad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They don't need to know about every violation. The threat of prosecution is enough to reign in 99% of sellers, the ones who are honest. Are there people who buy/sell 50+ guns a year who aren't FFL dealers? I guess there must be. The day this guy in the white house gets replaced can't come soon enough. One more year. One definition of tyranny is, "Arbitrary or unrestrained exercise of power; despotic abuse of authority." There you go.
Taking just the last 10 years of going to gunshows, I have noticed the same "private collection" tables at almost every gunshow. I have even observed them purchasing guns from private sellers and putting them on their table for sale immediately after buying them.
Also at gunshows, I have observed individuals walking around who buy guns from private sellers and immediately resell them for a profit.

So yes, they are some who do it.

jfssms

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Taking just the last 10 years of going to gunshows, I have noticed the same "private collection" tables at almost every gunshow. I have even observed them purchasing guns from private sellers and putting them on their table for sale immediately after buying them.
Also at gunshows, I have observed individuals walking around who buy guns from private sellers and immediately resell them for a profit.

So yes, they are some who do it.

Man, if you see something, please say something. Remember, prior to the GCA of 1968 there was little our great centralized government could do to keep us safe.

Latest posts

Top Bottom