Marines Exit Yemen Forced to Surrender Dignity, Weapons

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Central Command reportedly is furious over a State Department order that Marines guarding the U.S. Embassy in Yemen were told by the State Department to turn their rifles over to Yemeni officials before boarding a private plane to evacuate the country, Fox News reports.

The order is humiliating to Marines, who are essentially being told to break an oath they take during training, Pete Hegseth, CEO of Concerned Veterans for America, told Fox News Channel's "The Kelly File."

"We're surrendering our embassy. And now we're asking U.S. Marines to surrender their dignity, give up oaths they made, creeds that they lived by, and surrender their rifle," Hegseth said. "I'm no Marine, but I know a lot of them and fought alongside a lot of them. Without their rifle they are nothing. They are taught you never give that up."

The Rifleman's Creed reads, in part, "My rifle, without me, is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless."

"This is a mindless stupid bureaucrat making a decision like that offensive to military culture, offensive to procedures," Retired Four-Star Gen. Jack Keane told Kelly. "I'm sure people at central command are furious."

Kelly said that Fox News' reporting has indicated that CENTCOM is indeed furious.

Fox News later reported that the Marine Corps clarified that no "crew-served weapons" were turned over to anyone, but were destroyed at the embassy before the evacuation. "They say their personal weapons were not destroyed at the embassy. They were instead 'rendered inoperable' at the airport and the destroyed components were left behind at the airport," Megyn Kelly said.

"They do not dispute, in this statement, the reporting that we have earlier tonight that CENTCOM is outraged over this entire incident about weapons being rendered inoperable at the direction of the State Department."

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I"m real curious how the marines rendered their weapons inoperable at the airport?

Was it into the rectum of inspectors?

I would hope so. This is a bunch of :censored::finger::censored: should shove a few up the state department's personnel asses as well.

Thermate (AN-M14 TH3 incendiary hand grenade) would be the easy way, but never underestimate the ability of Navy Boatswains mates and Marines to destroy things in padded rooms with only rubber hammers.:hithead:

tulsamal

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Could be anything... but they could have just pulled out their firing pins from the M16's and broke each one right there. Tossed the pieces in the trash. So everybody would be in compliance with the rules and the rifles could be put right back into service with no issues.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I need to do a bit more looking at this one. I've heard that they turned over inoperable weapons to the Yemenis and now I've read that they rendered them inoperable but still took the rifles on the plane.

If the latter was done, I think I could be a bit more understanding, because I heard at one time that they flew out on a commercial plane instead of a private plane. If it were a private plane, I wouldn't think the inoperable status would even be necessary.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Meh. Spiking the guns and moving out in an orderly withdrawal of the embassy is nothing I'll get worked up about. Handguns and rifles are expendable. They were not retreating nor surrendering.

The MSG force is not a combatant unit. The guys doing the real work in country are still around, and still have their boomsticks.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Isn't the degrading of our military only one part of the mission of those in DC? I am glad I am not serving today, it would be a bitter pill to swallow.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It appears there is some more information coming out of Yemen.

The State Department ordered everybody out of the embassy. They did board private planes to leave Yemen, no military transports were provided.

Yemen security officials interviewed on TV said the Marines arrived at the airport where security forces seized their vehicles and belongings, saying it was not planned.

At the same time there are photo's of Al-Qaida raising their flag over a military base in Southern Yemen.

I'm not sure this "leading from behind" strategy in the middle east is working?

Here is an interview by Megan Kelly with Jen Psaki, spokes person for the State Dept. Psaki must be a blithering Idiot if she thinks we believe anything she says.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/megyn-ke...uation/#ooid=hmdHdiczp1jy1M3vRiSuHVczIZJsuzRo

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Once the order is given to abandon/evacuate the embassy, the mission becomes "Destroy classified/sensitive material and get everyone out in one piece".

Getting into a gunfight with local authorities over replaceable trucks and guns is stupid. Sounds like the Marines executed pre-planned destruction and evacuation plans very well and accomplished the mission.

Latest posts

Top Bottom