Marines order Colt .45s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
45ACP can be only properly fired from 1911 - here is the scientific proof!

i23.photobucket.com_albums_b376_Nickpisp_1911_1.gif

Let me see you do that with your "double stack"!

Dude! Thanx for the video, it's really got me to thinking. I'm gonna trade my out-dated T-34 in on a T-62 after seeing that.

RedTape

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Out of all the gunfighters I know, I've only heard them talk about caliber and platform once, and the general consensus was it dosn't really matter. 99 percent of the time they are focused on tactics and training...the firearm is just a tool, and it won't matter what gun you've got if you aren't prepared and don't have the right mindset. I see no reason why this Colt won't serve the Marines just as well as anything else.

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
1911, Sig, Glock, whatever! Those brave guys put their butts on the line day-in and day-out in the Hell Hole that is Crapghanistan! If they want 1911s, give them freaking 1911s!!!

Semper Fi!

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Think I'd rather see them use an HK 45. It's already been vetted by spec ops and hold twice the ammo... Not to mention unmatched performance at The same price.

I'm sure things have changed since my friend was in the Navy but when he was responsible for weapons maintenance HK wasn't very forthcoming with spare and replacement parts.

murphy j

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm sure things have changed since my friend was in the Navy but when he was responsible for weapons maintenance HK wasn't very forthcoming with spare and replacement parts.

It's my understanding that support has gotten better for the 'cool kids'.

I've followed this thread for a few days now and some of you guy's are pissin' and moaning like you know what's best for those select few Marines that made the cut to be in MARSOC. These Marines have a purpose, which is to go into places that average line grunts like me don't get to/can't/not allowed to go and find the stinky, bearded, man jammie wearing booger eaters and shoot them in the face. These guys found that a 1911 suits THEIR NEEDS best. Not yours, but theirs. They didn't want Sig, Glock, FN, Beretta or HK. They wanted a 1911. The previously listed firearms are all good guns in their own right, but they're not 1911s. Who are you, I or some chairborne commando number cruncher to decide what the needs are of the guys at the tip of the spear? The end users had a say in what they wanted and they got it. Given a choice between 9mm ball ammo and .45 ball ammo, I'll take .45 any day of the week. Besides, it's a SECONDARY weapon in case some of you guy's missed that. These Marines are gonna use these guns well and I applaud the fact that there's a SPECOPS unit still doing so.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's my understanding that support has gotten better for the 'cool kids'.

I've followed this thread for a few days now and some of you guy's are pissin' and moaning like you know what's best for those select few Marines that made the cut to be in MARSOC. These Marines have a purpose, which is to go into places that average line grunts like me don't get to/can't/not allowed to go and find the stinky, bearded, man jammie wearing booger eaters and shoot them in the face. These guys found that a 1911 suits THEIR NEEDS best. Not yours, but theirs. They didn't want Sig, Glock, FN, Beretta or HK. They wanted a 1911. The previously listed firearms are all good guns in their own right, but they're not 1911s. Who are you, I or some chairborne commando number cruncher to decide what the needs are of the guys at the tip of the spear? The end users had a say in what they wanted and they got it. Given a choice between 9mm ball ammo and .45 ball ammo, I'll take .45 any day of the week. Besides, it's a SECONDARY weapon in case some of you guy's missed that. These Marines are gonna use these guns well and I applaud the fact that there's a SPECOPS unit still doing so.

Well said!!!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom