Mark III 22/45 trigger

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
just finished a trigger job on a MKIII 22/45 ... what a pita to put back together, until you figure out correct sequence. ended up removing magazine safety which puts function back to MKII. makes reassembly much easier.

stoned every part that rubs ... stoned sear/hammer without changing angles... reassemble with moly... trigger weight ended up at 2lb 12oz from almost 5lb. this was an almost new 22/45 with zero wear.

trigger job did on my MKII target ended up at 1lb 12oz after changing sear angles. very smooth with no hint of creep... repeatedly slammed MKII hard to make sure trigger wouldn't release.

here's a pic showing mod to remove magazine safety. note hammer has been stoned
[Broken External Image]

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You'll be happy with that kit.
I use volquartsen sears on my ruger 22 pistol triggers.

Yea, I was looking at just getting the sear and trigger but for not much more I thought I better just get the whole kit

just finished a trigger job on a MKIII 22/45 ... what a pita to put back together, until you figure out correct sequence. ended up removing magazine safety which puts function back to MKII. makes reassembly much easier.

stoned every part that rubs ... stoned sear/hammer without changing angles... reassemble with moly... trigger weight ended up at 2lb 12oz from almost 5lb. this was an almost new 22/45 with zero wear.

trigger job did on my MKII target ended up at 1lb 12oz after changing sear angles. very smooth with no hint of creep... repeatedly slammed MKII hard to make sure trigger wouldn't release.

here's a pic showing mod to remove magazine safety. note hammer has been stoned

I'd like to think that I was a pro at taking these things apart now so that does not worry me. I saw your review. Looks like you put a ton more effort into it then I can allow at the present as I cant even finish my reloading room

Latest posts

Top Bottom