Mark Wahlberg - Felon with a gun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ill have to call BS on this. I have never even HEARD of this anywhere. A felon can not own a gun. PERIOD. I cant think of any department that would do that. In fact when the battered spouse thing came out a few officers that had that on their records got put in the property room or jail becaise they couldnt have a firearm.

Does this apply to Gabe Suarez?

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Prop machine guns are still machine guns and registered with the NFA. Hollyweird has a special exemption from the 922(o) to get new manufacture machine guns. Though practically, most are likely provided by SOTs like Long Mountain for the filming.

cowzrul

Distinguished 1998
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've seen Lone Survivor twice and will buy it when it comes out. On the other hand I stopped buying stuff from cheaper then platinum.

BoneCrusher

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
this is in the SDA book at the OSBI web site:

TITLE 21 § 1283 CONVICTED FELONS AND DELINQUENTS

B. Any person who has previously been convicted of a nonviolent felony in any court of this state or of another
state or of the United States, and who has received a full and complete pardon from the proper authority and
has not been convicted of any other felony offense which has not been pardoned, shall have restored the right
to possess any firearm or other weapon prohibited by subsection A of this section, the right to apply for and
carry a handgun, concealed or unconcealed, pursuant to the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act and the right to
perform the duties of a peace officer, gunsmith, or for firearms repair.

Tripper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Keep in mind, he was a minor at the time, in which case usually records are sealed, and, doesn't usually count once an adult

The San Francisco sheriff recently (in the last couple years) was arrested for beating his wife, remained sheriff, and carried his gun

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tulsanewb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ill have to call BS on this. I have never even HEARD of this anywhere. A felon can not own a gun. PERIOD. I cant think of any department that would do that. In fact when the battered spouse thing came out a few officers that had that on their records got put in the property room or jail becaise they couldnt have a firearm.

Not a felony, but similar. This thread reminded me of this story I heard recently on the news:

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2013/12/state_trooper_cant_have_gun_wh.html

CastleB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For those her who might wanto to see Mark Wahlberg's latest flick "Lone Survivor" (or any of his other gun-toting movies) - read this first.

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/forums/posts.aspx?postID=40589

FAK C.T.D. !!!! They rank up there with the rest of the libitard nation always wanting to take away someone elses rights. These are the same folks that Charge $99 for one P-MAG. or try to BUTT-SURF the common guy instead of trying to supporting the 2A.

DasSieben

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am 100% going to watch Lone Survivor and could care less about Marks past. I'm going to watch it bc Marcus Luttrell and his buddies were Bad A, and the book was amazing!

Latest posts

Top Bottom