Mayfield flees Justice, Justice Pursues and Dominates.!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Another Johnny football? I hope not. Kid screwed up. Leave it alone. Let the coaches and parents take care of it. If he screws up again, different story.
Tired of everyone willing to toss a kid under the bus for making the papers on a mistake. He's a kid. Before you ram this kid up the rear, please give a detailed history of your own child's perfect behavior in HS and college. Once your kids have been properly vetted, give your opinion.
If he screws up again? He managed 4 strikes in one night.

And even if my (or your) kid was a serial killer, that's no justification for someone else's illegal behavior.

Just my 2¢ ...

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Another Johnny football? I hope not. Kid screwed up. Leave it alone. Let the coaches and parents take care of it. If he screws up again, different story.
Tired of everyone willing to toss a kid under the bus for making the papers on a mistake. He's a kid. Before you ram this kid up the rear, please give a detailed history of your own child's perfect behavior in HS and college. Once your kids have been properly vetted, give your opinion.

Going to have to disagree with you on this one. He's not a kid, he's sought after, high profile, on another level as far as under the microscope AND he's seen his teammates make wrong decisions. He's seen players and coaches from neighboring Big 12 teams make the wrong decisions. Just my opinion of course, but at this level, everyone else's screw ups, should be everyone else's warnings. There's simply just too much on the line. It WILL happen again though to another D1 player, that's a certainty.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

What would an OU football player have to do for you to hold the accountable? Rape? Murder? Molest a mentally challenged 2 year old?

Holding a person responsible for how their actions effect their school/employer is not throwing that person under the bus.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A world of perfect children. How lucky everyone must be. I just had a normal child that did normal things that included some poor decisions that my wife and I dealt with appropriately and everything worked out just fine.
What are the odds that everyone else had a college student that was perfect.

Most OU football players are grown men. They have peers, the same age, commanding troops in combat zones.

Powerman620

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I never realized there were so many people in this world that has never drank in public. Most of you have(not saying all) , same thing you just did not get charged with public intox. What he did was wrong but people are calling for 20 years hard time.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I never realized there were so many people in this world that has never drank in public. Most of you have(not saying all) , same thing you just did not get charged with public intox. What he did was wrong but people are calling for 20 years hard time.
"He was arrested on four charges, including public intoxication, disorderly conduct, fleeing and resisting arrest."

Public intoxication is the least of his problems. ;)

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd hold him exactly as responsible for his actions, as you would your own child in the same situation. This of course without the BS about "I would make my child man up and take his punishment" which is bound to be stated by you.
I, on the other hand, get it. I know everyone can say anything "except when it's their own kid" then it's different.
I'm just saying to hold that kid to the EXACT same level you would your own child.
I doubt you can.
You don't know me very well. I'm not going to discuss personal issues, but trust me, I'm a ginormous *******.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll harp all I want to because I think the kid made a mistake and you want to hold him to higher standards than you will with your kid or me with my kid. You don't like it? TOOOO BADDD!
I don't mind standing up for a young man that made a mistake. Plus, I think everyone (this means you) should take care to judge lest ye be judged.
I'll do this. I'll just unsubscribe to this thread and not open it anymore. Then you can be just as sanctimonious as you please.
I'm done with this thread.
BOOMER SOONER.
Expecting someone of voting age to be responsible for their actions isn't sanctimonious, it's just common sense. My family wasn't raised expecting to be above the law. Maybe that's where we differ?

Do stupid stuff/play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Latest posts

Top Bottom