Mayfield flees Justice, Justice Pursues and Dominates.!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I should have been more clear, fleeing on foot. And perhaps fleeing on foot is not, as noted above.

Resisting arrest, about 90% of the time, is actually just contempt of cop. How many times do we need to see videos turn up where the person CLEARLY didn't resist but had that charge slapped on them anyway? If you've committed a crime, that's your charge. No need to stack resisting on there. There have been a ton of people who have gotten arrested for resisting arrest. No other charges. How is that even legally possible?? So I haven't committed a crime but you're trying to arrest me? Dang right I'm gonna resist.

So … for those that are truly shitbirds and actually do resist, they should not be charged for their actions?

When a person commits a crime and runs, they are wasting tax payer funded resources for LEOs to chase their dumbass down (as well as they could present public safety issues with said flight). Are you suggesting that there should be no consequences for such?

The charge is (typically) not going to be “resisting arrest” if there was no arrest. It will be for obstruction.

Lastly, if you don’t think you have committed a crime and a LEO says otherwise, the best advice I can give you is to STFU and comply. Let your lawyer handle it. Resisting arrest is never a good move.

dan45

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm an OU fan for as long as I remember.
Mayfield should suffer the same punishment for the offenses that he is charged with that you or I would be subject to in the courtroom. His status as a football player should have no bearing on this.

He also should suffer the same punishment that a freshman walk on would be subject to.
His status on the team as starting QB shouldn't matter.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There have been a ton of people who have gotten arrested for resisting arrest. No other charges. How is that even legally possible?? So I haven't committed a crime but you're trying to arrest me? Dang right I'm gonna resist.
The officer doesn't know you haven't committed a crime. Also, you can legally be detained for a few hours (without being arrested) while LEOs attempt to sort out the situation. Resist, and it's either resisting arrest (at this point an arrest may be possible as far as the officer knows) or obstruction.

Judges are often lenient on first-time offenses, especially if you are polite and have cooperated with the arresting officer, whereas resisting leaves an unfavorable impression on all authorities involved. But hey, it's your future.

LEOs put their life on the line daily, and I would expect them to err on the side of caution for their safety. And no matter the age, you never know what a belligerent drunk will do.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The officer doesn't know you haven't committed a crime. Also, you can legally be detained for a few hours (without being arrested) while LEOs attempt to sort out the situation. Resist, and it's either resisting arrest (at this point an arrest may be possible as far as the officer knows) or obstruction.

Judges are often lenient on first-time offenses, especially if you are polite and have cooperated with the arresting officer, whereas resisting leaves an unfavorable impression on all authorities involved. But hey, it's your future.

LEOs put their life on the line daily, and I would expect them to err on the side of caution for their safety. And no matter the age, you never know what a belligerent drunk will do.
LEO isn't in the top 10 of most dangerous jobs. Don't give me the put their life on the line bit. But back to the point how can you resist arrest if you weren't otherwise being lawfully arrested?

Latest posts

Top Bottom