Mayfield flees Justice, Justice Pursues and Dominates.!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
LEO isn't in the top 10 of most dangerous jobs. Don't give me the put their life on the line bit. But back to the point how can you resist arrest if you weren't otherwise being lawfully arrested?
Just curious, what do you do for a living and where does it rank on the list?

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
LEO isn't in the top 10 of most dangerous jobs. Don't give me the put their life on the line bit. But back to the point how can you resist arrest if you weren't otherwise being lawfully arrested?
Perhaps you should ask people who've been convicted of resisting arrest when no other charges were filed or stuck?
FWIW, you may be confusing lawful arrest with justifiable arrest. They aren't always synonymous.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Resisting Arrest.jpg

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Perhaps you should ask people who've been convicted of resisting arrest when no other charges were filed or stuck?
FWIW, you may be confusing lawful arrest with justifiable arrest. They aren't always synonymous.

I'm talking about neither. I'm talking about unlawful arrest by a constable who is actually acting as a common oppressor.

Sampson

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Doc,

I would assume your stance would be different if your were someone's personal punching bag or a target for them to shoot at, in the course of your daily job. Ever seen one one of your friends get shot or had the experience of personally taking another's life? Try walking in their shoes before you jump on the popular band wagon of how all LEOs are oppressors, harassers and over all Nazi thugs. I wouldn't claim to know anything about being a doctor nor do I jump on the bashing side, of doctors killing patients, raping unconscious women or any of the other negative and slanderous propaganda spread by those who felt wronged by a medical provider.

And please don't believe everything you hear in the news or read on the web.You don't know everything that took place and I would bet you only heard one side of the story.

It usually goes something along the lines of "there I was reading my bible and minding my own business when this exceptionally cruel and oppressive officer jacked me up, slapped me around and arrested me for disorderly conduct and resisting arrest".

Or maybe you've had a personal negative experience and now feel justified in spreading hate and discontent about LEOs. Now, I am not here claiming there aren't some bad officers we all know that there are and they should be punished for their crimes just like everyone else. But automatically assuming all officers fall into your negative ideology is a bit more then I can stand. I have seen Doctors behavior that was unprofessional and certainly disrespectful to the profession but I am smart enough to know one bad doctor does not mean all of them are that way. Am I wrong? Or maybe I read too much into your post, could be, but it stinks of self righteous BS. Yeah, I know it's easy for all of us to sit around in our homes safe and secure while we criticize and Monday afternoon quarterback all the things that are wrong in this world. It's really easy to have our opinions when they mirror all of our peers. If you think it's easy sign up for a ride along and go with an open mind, pick a Friday or Saturday night in a really rough side of town. You might just see that they are genuine caring people who don't go around trumping up charges on people for contempt of cop. But that's just my opinion and you know what they say about opinions..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Doc,

I would assume your stance would be different if your were someone's personal punching bag or a target for them to shoot at, in the course of your daily job. Ever seen one one of your friends get shot or had the experience of personally taking another's life? Try walking in their shoes before you jump on the popular band wagon of how all LEOs are oppressors, harassers and over all Nazi thugs. I wouldn't claim to know anything about being a doctor nor do I jump on the bashing side, of doctors killing patients, raping unconscious women or any of the other negative and slanderous propaganda spread by those who felt wronged by a medical provider.

And please don't believe everything you hear in the news or read on the web.You don't know everything that took place and I would bet you only heard one side of the story.

It usually goes something along the lines of "there I was reading my bible and minding my own business when this exceptionally cruel and oppressive officer jacked me up, slapped me around and arrested me for disorderly conduct and resisting arrest".

Or maybe you've had a personal negative experience and now feel justified in spreading hate and discontent about LEOs. Now, I am not here claiming there aren't some bad officers we all know that there are and they should be punished for their crimes just like everyone else. But automatically assuming all officers fall into your negative ideology is a bit more then I can stand. I have seen Doctors behavior that was unprofessional and certainly disrespectful to the profession but I am smart enough to know one bad doctor does not mean all of them are that way. Am I wrong? Or maybe I read too much into your post, could be, but it stinks of self righteous BS. Yeah, I know it's easy for all of us to sit around in our homes safe and secure while we criticize and Monday afternoon quarterback all the things that are wrong in this world. It's really easy to have our opinions when they mirror all of our peers. If you think it's easy sign up for a ride along and go with an open mind, pick a Friday or Saturday night in a really rough side of town. You might just see that they are genuine caring people who don't go around trumping up charges on people for contempt of cop. But that's just my opinion and you know what they say about opinions..

It's a terrible worldview to believe that no one can understand something unless they are part of that group. Such a lazy argument too.

Sampson

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So I guess your not going with an open mind? That's okay doctor it's not for everybody.

Latest posts

Top Bottom