Medical Bags

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I keep a big ziplock full of plastic gloves and bags in both our cars, in case we come on a car wreck on the highway. It would be nice to put together a list for a decent bag and then a more advanced bag with blood stop, etc.
I keep some disposable gloves in my vehicles also. But I’ve found they need replacing regularly in summer. Seems like the extreme heat makes them degrade and tear easily

MikePAC

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Didn't want to start a new thread since we already had this one, but I am putting together a new first aid kit for my car. I used this as the basis of it and have added more compression bandages, gauze and self adhesive rolls (think ace bandage) and other stuff in a new medical bag. I can use anything in it (am a Respiratory Therapist for those who don't know), with at least some hope of getting it right. I'm still looking for a good stop the bleed course as a refresher though, so if anyone hears anything let me know. Now that I'm thinking about it, I need to add adult and pediatric CPR masks to it. Bare mouth to mouth sucks.
I’ll ask around at OUHSC. CSETC (Clinical Skills Education and Training Center) has great mannequins that can squirt arterial bleeds.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What’s in your trauma kit?
Chest seals, quick clot dressings, pressure dressings, ace bandages, gloves, trauma shears, assorted gauze and band aids. It's everything that would fit in the Tupperware container I use inside of my range bag. Edit: Oh and a honest to God CAT tourniquet.

MikePAC

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Chest seals, quick clot dressings, pressure dressings, ace bandages, gloves, trauma shears, assorted gauze and band aids. It's everything that would fit in the Tupperware container I use inside of my range bag. Edit: Oh and a honest to God CAT tourniquet.
Thnk you. I just saw PA students using CAT tourniquets, they worked well, easy to use even for students stressed in trauma simulation.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My first aid kit is dialing 911. I'm never more than 10 minutes from an ER. I had to dial them back in May and in hind sight, i coulda been at the ER by the time they showed up. I take blood thinners and was bleeding profusely and coulda drove myself while holding a towel with pressure.
When that changes and I can travel again I'll have a kit with all the needed stuff.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
We took a CPR class oh maybe 6 months ago as a refresher. One thing the instructor kept hitting on was to NOT do the respiratory part unless it was family. One thing I’ve added is a very strong (neodymium) magnet. Figured it could come in handy retrieving metal splinters from sensitive places.
As a cop and after doing a respiratory on a patient and the Effer had eaten creamed spinach and blew chunks in my mouth, I bought an ambu bag and carried that in my bug out bag.

Latest posts

Top Bottom