Mice in my house Aaaagh!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That soda pop is funny..
In 4h grade we did an experiment with mice.
One got junk food,, burger fries and soda pop
The other got mouse food and water..
The next day after the experiment began the junk food mouse was dead.
Later that week the teacher told us that mice can't burp and basically exploded inside and she did not know that would happen.
I do not know if it exploded for real but it killed it dead.
Thanks for the reminder Oklahomabassin.
This was performed at Plaza Towers yes i went there until they kicked me out.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
2 in 1.jpg

I live right on the edge of the woods, what my little Boston terrier doesnt get or the feral cats we have around dont get I get with just simple wooden traps from Atwoods, bread balls and peanut butter. (Our bug guy laid traps in the attic, they dont work). Killed 6 this last week clearing a nest they had built in my garage- the 2 on 1 on one trap I got last week in my closet. They slip in the garage and the lucky ones get on into the house.

I just roll up a small ball of soft bread crust and wedge it really tight on the metal pad, then liberally apply peanut butter to the top of the bread and sloppily get it all over the traps metal pieces with my sticky fingers. Greedy lil fcks lick the peanut butter but they want that bread- thats when it gets them- they can have all the peanut butter they want but theyre not getting that breadball. Takes about 10 minutes when I set it down some where before I hear it snap. My dogs wont go near the traps any more- they tried that ONCE. Been killing them this way for years about every year this time, I usually have em all killed in a couple weeks or so. I feed em to my reptiles and other critters I have.

Old Timer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Spring traps with peanut butter, butter, or thick jelly. Sometimes I have dribbled pop/juice under the trigger, that will get the smart ones.
Babies can clean the trap without setting it off, so I use sticky traps if I see clean spring traps.
Put boxes, etc 2 inches away from the walls, so it routes the mice along the wall, where they will hit the trap.

I use to open up the vents under the house, the cat would go under and stay until they were gone.
When I seen her back out, I could put the vents back in..

AbundantEntropy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yea I just used what I had handy. Peanut butter hadn't worked. Getting snap traps today. If the landlord won't get an exterminator out I'm leaning towards 20g with small game shot

Latest posts

Top Bottom