Mice in my house Aaaagh!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
THE BEST EVER!!! old fashion snap traps with 1/2 of a square of Hershey chocolate bar on it. Melt that bar for about 5 sec in the microwave so it can form pretty easy into the holder. Works every time!

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've used little bit of peanut butter on a small mouse trap, but there's one trick to it -- these new mouse traps nowadays have a HEAVY trigger pull, if you will, to set them off. Just like a lot of new guns.

On the Victor mouse traps, I take needle nose pliers and bend the…copper looking, I guess…latching part just a wee bit, until it just barely holds, to give the trap a hair trigger.

After that, watch your fingers!

P.S. -- To be able to put that hair trigger mouse trap into the corner or under the edge of a cabinet, I cut a piece of cardboard, and load and cock the trap while it's sitting on the cardboard, on the table or the counter. Then I pick up the piece of cardboard, with the cocked mouse trap, and put it where I want it to go.

Latest posts

Top Bottom