Mid-life crisis car

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FullAuto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Had a birthday earlier this week and felt I needed a mid-life crisis car. This is actually my second mid-life crisis car as I bought the Grand National 2 years ago for the same reason. Made a day trip down to Plano, TX and back today to bring it home. Took my 16 year old son for the bonding time and memories since this is the first time he's done this with me in the dozens of cars I've bought like this.

1970 Plymouth Cuda, factory 383 w/ 727 Torqueflite
Cuda2 (2).jpg
GNCuda2 (2).jpg

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had a birthday earlier this week and felt I needed a mid-life crisis car. This is actually my second mid-life crisis car as I bought the Grand National 2 years ago for the same reason. Made a day trip down to Plano, TX and back today to bring it home. Took my 16 year old son for the bonding time and memories since this is the first time he's done this with me in the dozens of cars I've bought like this.

1970 Plymouth Cuda, factory 383 w/ 727 Torqueflite
View attachment 354693View attachment 354694

Very nice . . . congrats!

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A little while after I turned 40, I THOUGHT I was going to get a mid-life crisis car. I had it figured out.

I told my wife that now that I had hit my mid-life crisis, I either had to buy a sports car or have an affair.

She just looked at me and said, "Well, we can't afford a sports car.... and YOU can't afford an affair."

:pms2:

ssx2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Great color, on one of my favorite cars no less. I'm trying to thin my herd, to many muscle cars and bikes. But hey I could certainly make room for that Buick. ;)

FullAuto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Original or restomod?

Saweeeeet color Plum Purple! Correction, Crazy!

It's been so long.....
It came with the numbers matching 383 engine, original 727 and original rearend all with 79k miles. It currently has an Indy aluminum headed 383, built 727 and 3.73 Sure Grip rearend. It also came with the original exhaust, carb, intake, distributor, exhaust manifolds, radio, front spindles & drum brakes, 14" Rallye wheels, etc. It has everything that was ever removed so it can be returned to as it left the factory. I bought it from the 2nd owner that had owned it since the 90s. It is a ~25 year old rotisserie restoration that currently has 88k original miles on the chassis.

I have 2 employees of mine that are older Mopar guys that have owned their personal cars 30+ years each in the DFW area. This was a friend of theirs that they have known that long too. He is retiring to Lake Texoma and didn't want to take the car there. He simply told some of their club members. I had told these guys I had been looking for a high quality E body. So the car came with good references of being what it was. It has a stack of paperwork all the way back to the dealership papers from 1970.

Cuda5.jpg
Cuda3.jpg
Cuda4.jpg
Cuda6.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom