Mid-life crisis car

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FullAuto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, just curious, how does your son feel about it?
He likes it. We've had a bunch of different cars in the past from an original 1930 Model A parade car to about 60 foxbody Mustangs. He's more into the Mustangs though. I've still got a pretty nice original 1990 LX 5.0 hatch survivor car in my shop. He wants that car, but I've already bought him a 2007 Mustang to start with. He won't get a chance to drive these two cars for several years. The Cuda made 440hp/509tq, has manual brakes and the steering makes it so it "has to be driven". I also ordered new wheels & tires already for it so it will be on bias ply Hoosier tires in about a week. The GN is considerably more powerful, so no chance.

Tinytim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had a birthday earlier this week and felt I needed a mid-life crisis car. This is actually my second mid-life crisis car as I bought the Grand National 2 years ago for the same reason. Made a day trip down to Plano, TX and back today to bring it home. Took my 16 year old son for the bonding time and memories since this is the first time he's done this with me in the dozens of cars I've bought like this.

1970 Plymouth Cuda, factory 383 w/ 727 Torqueflite
View attachment 354693View attachment 354694
Very, very nice

Raptor62

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had a birthday earlier this week and felt I needed a mid-life crisis car. This is actually my second mid-life crisis car as I bought the Grand National 2 years ago for the same reason. Made a day trip down to Plano, TX and back today to bring it home. Took my 16 year old son for the bonding time and memories since this is the first time he's done this with me in the dozens of cars I've bought like this.

1970 Plymouth Cuda, factory 383 w/ 727 Torqueflite
View attachment 354693View attachment 354694
Nice Ride! I always loved that color.
I love Mopar. I bought a srt10 truck for my midlife car it was awesome. Had it 8 years and had to have knee surgery on the clutch knee so sold it.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
It came with the numbers matching 383 engine, original 727 and original rearend all with 79k miles. It currently has an Indy aluminum headed 383, built 727 and 3.73 Sure Grip rearend. It also came with the original exhaust, carb, intake, distributor, exhaust manifolds, radio, front spindles & drum brakes, 14" Rallye wheels, etc. It has everything that was ever removed so it can be returned to as it left the factory. I bought it from the 2nd owner that had owned it since the 90s. It is a ~25 year old rotisserie restoration that currently has 88k original miles on the chassis.

I have 2 employees of mine that are older Mopar guys that have owned their personal cars 30+ years each in the DFW area. This was a friend of theirs that they have known that long too. He is retiring to Lake Texoma and didn't want to take the car there. He simply told some of their club members. I had told these guys I had been looking for a high quality E body. So the car came with good references of being what it was. It has a stack of paperwork all the way back to the dealership papers from 1970.

View attachment 354780View attachment 354781View attachment 354782View attachment 354783
drooling.gif

Latest posts

Top Bottom