Million Dollar Deer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JDC

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some ranches have horses, cattle, sheep, oil... and then there is this!!!!

MIKE SCHOENEMANS RANCH A deer farm in Leonard, Texas
i1188.photobucket.com_albums_z416_christojc_ATT00009.jpg
i1188.photobucket.com_albums_z416_christojc_ATT00005.jpg
i1188.photobucket.com_albums_z416_christojc_ATT00011.jpg

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Incredible antlers. I wonder how many breeding generations it takes to get the buck you want. It seems that most of these ranches like this produce mainly non-typicals.

oneshotonekill

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You guys should check out deer and wildlife stories with keith warren. These deer are just like prized horses and they are treated very well. The majority of the monsters are never hunted and die of old age.

dowmace

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
oneshotonekill said:
You guys should check out deer and wildlife stories with keith warren. These deer are just like prized horses and they are treated very well. The majority of the monsters are never hunted and die of old age.

I'm glad to hear that most of those places hunting is basically shooting a deer in a cardboard box while sitting in the climate controlled blind.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This guy ought to release like 10/yr into the wild in different areas of his state. Though since they had been raised in a non-threatening environment they would likely die quickly.

Actually he should harvest the "juice" from the real monsters, capture wild doe, artificially inseminate and then release to get some monsters growing in the wild. For the good of the country.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Semen straws can cost in the $500-$3000 range. Think we could talk to OK dept of wildlife and see if they would fund a state wide AI program? Just kidding, it's not about the antlers for me, listing to the timber wake up and go to bed is what it's all about. My daughter will be old enough to release an arrow for herself this October 1. There will be whooping an hollering in Grant Co. even if it only scores 6 B&C. or even better, an ever deserving, over abundant slick head.

Latest posts

Top Bottom