Mini 14 and mini 30

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sooner67

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bought my Mini 14 back in the early 90s when they were cheaper.Found a Mini 30 a friend had and purchased it a few months back.Fun as hell to shoot!

Attachments

• IMG_3454(1).jpg
    IMG_3454(1).jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0

Glockisgood17

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dunno. They and just about everything that goes bang has doubled in price. I’ve tried to like them, owned 4 over the years even a full auto when I was a law dawg. That rifle was hard to control when the giggle switch was on…

I never could get any of them to be less then minute of washtub at 100 yards. Match ammo, match reloads, ball, heavy bullets, light bullets etc. They functioned okay, a bit ammo sensitive, but not bad.

I decided on the SKS for the truck and stashsrifle when we got them delivered for a crate of 10 for $650! Unissued, all accessories, in the cosmoline. A case of ammo was $69/1440 rounds. Corrosive as all get out, but warm soapy water took care of That. I still have two left of those originals, unfired plus some others here and there.

Regards,

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One very disappointing fact, Bill Ruger helped to write the Clinton AWB, wording it explicitly to NOT ban the Mini-14 or Mini-30.

Just watch a few episodes of A-Team. Nobody ever gets shot with a Mini-14. No need to ban them.

Bill Ruger is also the man that coined the term “hi capacity magazine”. He believed only law enforcement or military should have them and didn’t want to sell the magazines to the public even before the ban.

Cold Smoke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mini-14 accuracy is a feature. It patterns for moving targets. I keep them around because if I didn’t then I wouldn’t have one then the hunt would be on. I keep a lot of things so I won’t start wanting them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom