ML starts this weekend!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VIKING

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am making my third trip in three weekends to Alfalfa county, and the NULA is coming up this weekend. It is 550 miles from my house to our place, but I have a couple BIG bucks on camera that makes the drive worthwhile.[/QUOTE

These acronyms normally keep me thinking, but for the life of me I can't figure this one out....NULA.....what is that?

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Actually in some circumstances convicted felons can own and shoot muzzleloaders.

Here is an exerp from a longer list of the "top 10 questions submitted to the BATF":

1. Can a person prohibited by law from possessing a firearm acquire and use a black powder muzzle loading firearm?
The Gun Control Act of 1968 (GCA) prohibits felons and certain other persons from possessing or receiving firearms and ammunition (“prohibited persons”). These categories can be found at 18 U.S.C. § 922(g) and (n) in http://atf.gov/publi...f-p-5300-4.pdf.
However, Federal law does not prohibit these persons from possessing or receiving an antique firearm.

snip

Finally, even though a prohibited person may lawfully possess an antique firearm under Federal law, State or local law may classify such weapons as “firearms” subject to regulation. Any person considering acquiring a black powder weapon should contact his or her State Attorney General’s Office to inquire about the laws and possible State or local restrictions. A list of State Attorney General contact numbers may be found at www.naag.org
Take careful note of the bolded part. We've had this discussion here recently: http://www.okshooters.com/showthread.php?152503-Can-a-convicted-felon... I never did come up with a definitive answer, but I'm definitely leaning toward "no, Oklahoma does not permit a convicted felon to possess a muzzleloader." I sure wouldn't want to be the test case, anyway.

Master Carper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What kind of scope do you have on it?

On the stainless camo, I am using a Weaver 2 1/2X-7X...

i193.photobucket.com_albums_z132_HonkerHunter_photos_006_25.jpg

i193.photobucket.com_albums_z132_HonkerHunter_photos_011_16.jpg

For those who have not seen the CVA Electra, here is a write up I did on this gun a couple of years ago and after firing over 2,000 rounds through "5" different CVA Electra muzzle loaders, I still think this is the best muzzle loader on the market. Besides the reliability and accuracy from these guns, the price has came down to a very affordable $159 for the blue/black model....

http://www.dandtcustomgunworks.websitetoolbox.com/post/CVA-Electra...-3576499

DAVID

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Take careful note of the bolded part. We've had this discussion here recently: http://www.okshooters.com/showthread.php?152503-Can-a-convicted-felon... I never did come up with a definitive answer, but I'm definitely leaning toward "no, Oklahoma does not permit a convicted felon to possess a muzzleloader." I sure wouldn't want to be the test case, anyway.

Without going through all of the links, that are mostly legalese anyway, its always best to consult an attorney familiar with gun laws in situations like this.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am making my third trip in three weekends to Alfalfa county, and the NULA is coming up this weekend. It is 550 miles from my house to our place, but I have a couple BIG bucks on camera that makes the drive worthwhile.[/QUOTE

These acronyms normally keep me thinking, but for the life of me I can't figure this one out....NULA.....what is that?

Sorry, New Ultra Light Arms--N U L A

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I am making my third trip in three weekends to Alfalfa county, and the NULA is coming up this weekend. It is 550 miles from my house to our place, but I have a couple BIG bucks on camera that makes the drive worthwhile.

Not any nice bucks in that area..................................................:) They've moved on...........................everyone knows that bucks are like ducks and monarchs, always traveling South.:)

DEER 24/7

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
NOT GOOD just figured out can'nt go in the morning because of work,its ok for me i have alot of days i can hunt with a bow,but for my 15 yr old it sucks he can only hunt the week ends and he likes to hunt as much as anybody i ever met.i feel for him good luck to everyone thats going this morning

Latest posts

Top Bottom