Moore/newcastle tornado

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BIG_MIKE2005

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This turned out worse than I could have ever expected. I had tears rolling last night watching the coverage. We had a close call ourselves, that Tornado that came down just north of Skiatook was only a couple miles from our house, my wife watched it form & drop from our front door. Thankfully it was far enough away it didn't effect us & she was already prepared to go next door to grandpa's house with the kids since he has a shelter.

I cannot imagine the emotional toll this will take on a uncountable number of people. It is refreshing to see the number of Oklahoman's who have jumped into action to help their neighbors.

We have family in Moore, still waiting for all to be accounted for. I do know my cousin & his wife are in critical condition in OKC after the semi blew off the highway & crushed their car.

BIG_MIKE2005

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kinda understandable given the chaos following the tornado. I'm sadly sure the number will rise though. they still aren't really sure how many people are missing from destroyed homes. It's all guessing right now & probably over the rest of the week the real numbers will slowly trickle out. That is a massive area to comb through looking for people & if it was tossing cars & stuff up to a mile some people might have been tossed far from their original locations..

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The blue dots are the two schools that were destroyed in Moore. Briarwood Elementary on the lower left and Plaza Towers Elementary just to the northeast of it.

The black line is the approximate path of the tornado.

The red dot at the top is the location for J&K Bullet Casters.

The green dot at the bottom is the location for Mark's Firearms.

There is literally only 3 miles between them and the tornado split the difference... I don't know how wide the tornado was at that point, but if it had just slightly veered from it's path, it could have completely wiped out one of our OSA brothers complete business.

I texted Mitch and spoke with Mark are both ok with no apparent damage so they got very lucky indeed.

i40.tinypic.com_ifrk45.jpg

Cavagan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you are looking to provide continuing support, one of the greatest needs will be monetary support going forward. I am working as volunteer/relief coordinator for my church and interfacing with a church in South OKC that is providing direct support to those impacted by the storms.

You can donate securely here: https://okcbiblemethodist.cloverdonations.com/tornado/

If you need some where to volunteer and don't have contacts or can't reach the more traditional relief organizations like the Red Cross, shoot me a PM

Latest posts

Top Bottom