More canned meats.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some of you may remember the thread I had on canned meats awhile back. Well I found another company that has been doing it longer and is cheaper. (12) 14.5oz cans of beef are $50 compared to $77 at the other place. Reviews I have seen are very good. They also have Goetta which is a mix of breakfast sausage and steel cut oats. They are supposedly a supplier of Yoder's.

http://www.werlingandsons.com/

Shelf life is about 5 years.

N

Neist

I have terrible memories of canned meat. :)

Back when I was young we didn't have a lot of money and were given some canned meat. It was probably just the brand we were given, but it was only a step above cat food.

oneof79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have terrible memories of canned meat. :)

Back when I was young we didn't have a lot of money and were given some canned meat. It was probably just the brand we were given, but it was only a step above cat food.

My family also got some of that meat about 42 years ago. It was pork and in the big cans, about 32 ounces. My mom would mix bbq sauce in with it and serve it like Sloppy Joes. I recall looking forward to that meal more than others.

N

Neist

My family also got some of that meat about 42 years ago. It was pork and in the big cans, about 32 ounces. My mom would mix bbq sauce in with it and serve it like Sloppy Joes. I recall looking forward to that meal more than others.

You know, making it into Sloppy Joes doesn't sound all that bad.

I can't recall how we prepared it, but it was something more straight-up than that.

Maybe it's worth revisiting canned meat.

Latest posts

Top Bottom