More Hybrids

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
okbassin.. do you guys just throw topwaters around the areas you're fishing with live bait, or do you search for them surfacing??

Yes and no. I usually hit the points with top water plugs early early morning or late evenings. If I fish the morning, I will fish top water till the sun is up, then get bait to fish. Or in the evening, get bait and fish till the sun is about down and start throwing top water. In the evening sometimes when fishing live bait you will start seeing fish moving up toward the top on sonar. You can start throwing top water and when a fish hears it, he will lock in and nail it. I have caught more fish throwing top water in likely spots then searching for surfacing fish to throw at.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
sweet, thanks for the tip.. I hope to make a return trip to Cobb sometime soon..

by the way you should change your name to Okhybridin.. haha

No problem. LOL about the name change. Its been a thought.

A couple of pics from Friday trip.
Waffles with one just under 8 pounds
ai106.photobucket.com_albums_m277_hunter_fish_June1810.jpg

Waffles with one just under 3 pounds
ai106.photobucket.com_albums_m277_hunter_fish_June1810a.jpg

waffles

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey just wanted to thank Dusty (Oklahomabassin) for some good times on Ft. Cobb Friday. Had a great time, got a little familiar with the lake, was taught a fishing knot that I will start using, And got to see a few good looking ladies out on the lake. So all in all I had a blast. I am with you jbarnett Dusty needs to be a guide out there.

jbarnett

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hey just wanted to thank Dusty (Oklahomabassin) for some good times on Ft. Cobb Friday. Had a great time, got a little familiar with the lake, was taught a fishing knot that I will start using, And got to see a few good looking ladies out on the lake. So all in all I had a blast. I am with you jbarnett Dusty needs to be a guide out there.

I would be in line to go. :D

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Then it would become work and it would lose its fun. I wish we could have caught more fish, but I do believe the evenings are better. You are very welcome, glad you had fun.
I would be in line to go. :D
PM sent on this.

Latest posts

Top Bottom