More Hybrids

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbarnett

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like the boat in this pic.
ai106.photobucket.com_albums_m277_hunter_fish_IMG00417.jpg

Now she would make a nice guide. :woot:

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
6# caught on a shad
ai106.photobucket.com_albums_m277_hunter_fish_July12010a.jpg

9# caught on a topwater plug
ai106.photobucket.com_albums_m277_hunter_fish_July12010b.jpg

4 of the bigger fish we kept.
ai106.photobucket.com_albums_m277_hunter_fish_july12010c.jpg

13 fish that we took home. We release a few more, a 9# and a couple of 7's were released to be caught another day.
ai106.photobucket.com_albums_m277_hunter_fish_july12010d.jpg

I took jbarnett and waffles for a little hybrid fishing trip. It was tough getting started, but the last hour was golden.

My dad and sisters husband with 4 from another trip. All caught on topwater.
ai106.photobucket.com_albums_m277_hunter_fish_June292010a.jpg

67RS/SSx2

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looks like you guys know how to have fun (the fish pictures, not the girl picture). We used to go to Cobb a lot. Sold the boat and RV. Haven't been there in a while.

Bassin, what part of western Oklahoma do you call home?

waffles

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I must say the Hybrid trip July 1st with Oklahomabassin and jbarnett was an absolute blast! I caught my first hybrid on topwater and it was insane how they just hit your lure like a train. There is nothing like topwater fishing,especially hybrid.I believe jbarnett caught the most that day. It wore him out so bad I wasn't sure if he would be able to drive back to his house lol. Well Dusty and Jeff maybe we can do it again sometime. I think I found a new addiction.

jbarnett

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I must say the Hybrid trip July 1st with Oklahomabassin and jbarnett was an absolute blast! I caught my first hybrid on topwater and it was insane how they just hit your lure like a train. There is nothing like topwater fishing,especially hybrid.I believe jbarnett caught the most that day. It wore him out so bad I wasn't sure if he would be able to drive back to his house lol. Well Dusty and Jeff maybe we can do it again sometime. I think I found a new addiction.

You are right, it was a blast. In the last two weeks I have shot a suppressed full auto and caught hybrids on topwater. I still start grinning anytime I think about either one but if I had my choice right now I would be headed to the lake to try catching some hybrids on topwater. I can't even explain to someone that hasn't done it how much fun it is. I heard OKB talk about how fun it was but had no idea. I will go fishing with you guys anytime. Thanks, I had a blast.

Waffles, How did you do yesterday?

waffles

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You are right, it was a blast. In the last two weeks I have shot a suppressed full auto and caught hybrids on topwater. I still start grinning anytime I think about either one but if I had my choice right now I would be headed to the lake to try catching some hybrids on topwater. I can't even explain to someone that hasn't done it how much fun it is. I heard OKB talk about how fun it was but had no idea. I will go fishing with you guys anytime. Thanks, I had a blast.

Waffles, How did you do yesterday?

Well we got on the water by about 5:30. We first hit that point where we fished last that day we went. On my second cast I caught a nice 4lber. Then we fished a few other spots and it was slow going. We got caught in a really bad downpour of rain. It was coming down so hard I could barely see past 50 yards. Decided time to head in. Well once we got to the dock there was no getting that thing loaded without getting in the water to position it. So we decided to wait a bit since we were already soaked. Well it cleared up a bit and I decided since it was about 8 to go see if they were surfacing and not long after getting over there to the spot(Can't give out to many secrets guys, Dusty would get mad lol) where we seen them the day before they just started erupting. My buddy caught 1 during the frenzy and I got to excited that I made a big birds nest in my reel :oops3: So they stopped for a bit and got my other set up and we waited. I notice another big group just go crazy and we race over to them and we both hook up with nice hybrids at the same time! So I had to double net them. It was about time to go after that. I had a blast and so did my roommate. If Ft. Cobb was closer I may be there every other day lol.

Latest posts

Top Bottom