Mosin Nagant m91/30 Mods

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Josh Smith

Marksman
Reaction score
Hello,

I take it you got the shims I sent OK, didn't you?

We know your email doesn't go through to me for whatever reason, but if you'd like to give a Finn HV mag a spin, I'll trade you even money for yours that has stripped threads. Contact me here or on that other forum.

Regards,

Josh

SoonerCowboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hello,

I take it you got the shims I sent OK, didn't you?

We know your email doesn't go through to me for whatever reason, but if you'd like to give a Finn HV mag a spin, I'll trade you even money for yours that has stripped threads. Contact me here or on that other forum.

Regards,

Josh

Yes I received your kit last Saturday. I thought I pm'd you. The kit installed very easily. I do greatly appreciate the fast response after we did get communicating. I do apologize for any unneeded additional stress this may have caused you. I didn't realize that your products were so popular. I hate contacting a business via multiple emails because I feel as though I'm harassing them . Sorry for the impatience on my part. I do hope that we can do business again.

As for the mag I've figured out how to fix it. The shims that I bought elsewhere mount under the mag plate. I'm not so sure if I'm going to use them now. Guys on the Mosin gunboard are saying don't use these unless you need to. But I do have yours installed.

Josh Smith

Marksman
Reaction score
Hello,

If the magazine makes contact with the receiver, even with my shims installed, then it's a good idea to use the magazine shims. Otherwise, don't. That's probably the same advice you got on Gunboards (good folks) but I'm repeating it, just in case.

I do apologize for any wait. These have proven to be much more popular than I ever figured they'd be, and this is why I now ask that folks allow a couple weeks. I refined my production methods so it should only take a week now, but for a time there it was hairy.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Josh

Latest posts

Top Bottom