mountain lion tracks @ Lexington WMA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Preacherman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not sure what my vote would be but it sure is cool to get out and get a little mud on your boots. I have seen a Mt Lion out in western Oklahoma a few years back. I did not go back and look at tracks because of the way he was looking at me. It seemed like I could not get out of there fast enough even on my dirt bike.

3inSlugger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not sure what my vote would be but it sure is cool to get out and get a little mud on your boots. I have seen a Mt Lion out in western Oklahoma a few years back. I did not go back and look at tracks because of the way he was looking at me. It seemed like I could not get out of there fast enough even on my dirt bike.
I was in a deer blind before dawn one morning in Butler. Heard the long cry, similar to a woman's scream behind me. Not sure if it was a funky coyote or mountain lion, but it near scared the piss outta me. I was watching my back more than my front after that.

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The cry was probably a bobcat as they make that noise too.The sound will give you the willies for sure. I have heard the scream a couple of times on my farm. Bobcats are far more numerous than mountain lions. It is humorous to read all this about a dog print. I am surprised that it has not been labeled a black panther yet.

meatGrinder

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I took my big lab out to lex a while back. Didn't see any black mountain lions, chupacabras, or bigfoots. But I know they're out there.

I vote black mountain lion.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not trying to steal this thread, but about a week ago a mountain lion was spotted in Oologah by Oologah police. It was in the Oologah lake leader website. Just an fyi they are out and about. Watch your six.

http://oologahonline.com/?p=2745

I'll beat my gums again. If the LEO saw what he concieved to be a mountain lion, he or anybody else should notify the ODW to verify the tracks or make a plaster cast of them yourself. That didn't happen.
The OP in this case didn't either.
The ODW doesn't monitor this site for lion sightings. Its the persons responsibility to make sure they have been informed.
Just because the person that made the sighting was an LEO, that doesn't make that person infallible.

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not trying to steal this thread, but about a week ago a mountain lion was spotted in Oologah by Oologah police. It was in the Oologah lake leader website. Just an fyi they are out and about. Watch your six.

http://oologahonline.com/?p=2745

That report sure is detailed. An animal he thought was a deer turned into a mountain lion that he could then identify the color of. I'm by no means an expert of anything to do with hunting but it is very unlikely he saw a mountain lion nor are the OP's prints that of a mountain lion. People see what they want to see.

That being said, I will probably be attacked by a mountain lion getting into my truck in the morning.

Latest posts

Top Bottom