Mower Blades?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I very seldom have much grass build up under my deck unless im mowing wet grass but then i use it like a brushog and the small branches i mow over usually keeps it cleaned out good enough.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes. I'm the one that told you about cutting it open. :)

Yes you did.

But I thought you left that big hunk on the back side?

I also started mowing everything at 2-3/4” too. I was always at 2” before.

IMG_0116.jpegIMG_0117.jpeg

I went back in and cleaned this up too!

IMG_0118.jpeg

Last edited:

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I do too that is why i mow my own 15+ acres and also mow 5 other peoples yard here in town been in the business of mowing lawns for 20 years but have cut my customer base down to these 5 and trying to get out of the business slowly as each customers quits.

Never lawn mowed for a job. But have had some homes where I mowed up to 3-1/2 acres when my girls lived at home. The one I am at now has 2.5 acres I mow, I am old now and still enjoy it.

I did brush hogging for 35 years when I ran my Dozer Buisness. Cutting Hay and Farm Life I guess made me comfortable on sitting on equipment.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got into it by accident 20 years ago by helping a neighbor out and word spread and then one wet year i took on 25 yards that i would do every 2 weeks after i got off my full time job and learned real quick you can get overloaded without knowing it so after that year i started cutting back and now that i have my 30 acres that im trying to maintain and keep up i need to quit the commercial side but i just cant quit cold turkey after doing the same yards i have now for 15 to 20 years some are the same yards as when i started. Being some have increased my rates on their own without me asking over the years.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got into it by accident 20 years ago by helping a neighbor out and word spread and then one wet year i took on 25 yards that i would do every 2 weeks after i got off my full time job and learned real quick you can get overloaded without knowing it so after that year i started cutting back and now that i have my 30 acres that im trying to maintain and keep up i need to quit the commercial side but i just cant quit cold turkey after doing the same yards i have now for 15 to 20 years some are the same yards as when i started. Being some have increased my rates on their own without me asking over the years.

Word got out you do good work and they trusted you!

One of my cousins did commercial mowing for years while he was on the Fire Dept, he made bank. After a few years of mowing the yards, the owners of the yards started having him do handyman work on the homes. His boy ran with that and grew it big. He stated that once people trust you on their yards they want that trust fixing things too. Never advertised and made more on his days off.

You get ready to give it up, find you a good young man in High school to turn it to. I did this on fence building. The young man paid his way through College and installed fence for years later.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom