Mt. Lion Ruined Hunt!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brian89

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
All these people seeing cats, yet no pics.. I want to see some video or pics of one..

I know their was the trail cam one on newsok.com last winter killing the pig.. but still, I have hunted alot of hours in my days and never seen one..

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I saw a mountain lion last night in Grant County as well. I called the local warden today to talk to him about it. He said that they are becoming a real problem in Grant County. They have basically wiped out the deer and pheasant populations. They are afraid that they will become aggressive toward hunters and bird dawgs this winter. There will most likely be an open season on them next year. He said that they think they are coming down from SW Kansas, and that the northern part of Grant County is ideal habitat for them. I think it's a cover up. I think the Wildlife Dept. and some of the locals have put their heads together and released them to cut down on the out of town posers.

I would like you to give me the name of the GW's that you know in Grant County.
I'm personal friends with both, and could very easily verify your story with a phone call.
Please PM me with their names and I'll do everything I can to back you up.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well my hunting buddy was out at one of our old leases in Grant Co. this past weekend. Anyone who knows the area knows its mostly flat and open with scattered thin trees. Well he was sitting in one of my tower stands and had a great buck come down the drainage toward him. He first spotted the deer about 250 yards out and watched the tips of his horns as he walked the drainage his way. He picked out a low area where the deer would come out about 120 yards and waited. Right as the deer came to his shooting lane it just bolted 90 to nothing! Well right behind it came two young Mountain Lions! He said they chased him a little but soon gave up and started wrestling each other for a while before eventually walking off. He said it was an easy 140inch 8pt, and would have had a chip shot if it wasnt for the cats. Well we have hunted that area for almost 8 years and thats a first for us... anyway just a neat little story i though u guy might get a kick out of.

What you are thinking are mountain lions are probably bobcats. Adult bobcats have been know to take down a deer. Mostly fawns and older deer that are disabled.

I can't wait to hear the story about the Ok wildlife dept putting Mountain lions out to controll the deer herd......The most stupid story ever....

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would like you to give me the name of the GW's that you know in Grant County.
I'm personal friends with both, and could very easily verify your story with a phone call.
Please PM me with their names and I'll do everything I can to back you up.

one of them lives 3 miles from one of our leases.... I guess i could just ask him next time i go by :)

Yaaahhh!!!

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hell i guess im all sorts of poser!

Probably. I didn't come out and call anyone a poser. But, if you have to ask, then you probably are.

one of them lives 3 miles from one of our leases.... I guess i could just ask him next time i go by :)

Reckon you'd get a straight answer from him?

Dennis: Near as I know there is really only one GW in GC right now. Don't really need any backup. Thanks anyhow.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Please do and let me know his name so we all can verify this story.

Trust me, There are verifiable stories of mountain lions in Ok. We just need to make sure there is veriviable evidence.

I would encourage anybody that has seen a mountain lion to get a plaster cast of the track or call the local Game Warden to verify the track.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I saw a mountain lion last night in Grant County as well. I called the local warden today to talk to him about it. He said that they are becoming a real problem in Grant County. They have basically wiped out the deer and pheasant populations. They are afraid that they will become aggressive toward hunters and bird dawgs this winter. There will most likely be an open season on them next year. He said that they think they are coming down from SW Kansas, and that the northern part of Grant County is ideal habitat for them. I think it's a cover up. I think the Wildlife Dept. and some of the locals have put their heads together and released them to cut down on the out of town posers.

:laughup:

You're a regular Buddy Hackett.

Yaaahhh!!!

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
As for being a fish story, if u know the area a 140inch deer aint nothing special so why make it up

140" deer is probably a lot bigger than what you think. If not, I'd like to see some pics of 140" deer that you have killed or even seen. I'm not saying that GC doesn't have big deer, but 140" IS something special. If you've killed one, I'd sure like to see it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom