Mt. Lion Ruined Hunt!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clean Harry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have seen two mountain lions in Oklahoma. The first was a few years ago just north of El Reno. I was turkey hunting and called in a hen. The lion followed it in.

The 2nd was yesterday afternoon near Wanette. I was down there looking at some land for sale. After leaving the land I was driving down a remote section line road and this cat jumped out of the brush about 1/4 mile ahead and ran down the road in front of me. It finally veered off into the pasture and I stopped when I got there. It was crouch about 25 yards away watching me, then turned and ran.

I've hunted bobcats and knw the difference. This was a lion.

crg1372

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Please do and let me know his name so we all can verify this story.

Trust me, There are verifiable stories of mountain lions in Ok. We just need to make sure there is veriviable evidence.

I would encourage anybody that has seen a mountain lion to get a plaster cast of the track or call the local Game Warden to verify the track.

Verified mountain lion sighting about 10 miles from where I found my "dog" track. :)

http://www.kxii.com/home/headlines/1859246.html

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Probably. I didn't come out and call anyone a poser. But, if you have to ask, then you probably are.

Reckon you'd get a straight answer from him?

Dennis: Near as I know there is really only one GW in GC right now. Don't really need any backup. Thanks anyhow.

Actually there are 3.
Two that live there, and one other that is the Captain over the NW part of the state. I know them all personally.....Just let me know How I can help.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Verified mountain lion sighting about 10 miles from where I found my "dog" track. :)

http://www.kxii.com/home/headlines/1859246.html

Can't get the link to work, but as stated by me, there is no doubt they live in Oklahoma. Several verified sightings, as well as dead cats that have been recovered. The only thing I'm saying is that the track in you pic appears to be canine, and probably domestic as a coyote does not have as big a track as your hand but a bird dog certainly does, and will leave toe prints as your pic does.
Trust me, I've followed many bird dogs, and seen their tracks. Could be a dog abandoned or what ever, does not have to be a bird dog, just using an example.

Yaaahhh!!!

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Actually there are 3.
Two that live there, and one other that is the Captain over the NW part of the state. I know them all personally.....Just let me know How I can help.

Your ties with the Capt. go WAY over my head. I know the up and coming "rookie". Don't worry about helping me out. From reading your posts, it sounds like you have your hands full busting poachers. Keep up the good work! I'm tired of all the BS is GC.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Your ties with the Capt. go WAY over my head. I know the up and coming "rookie". Don't worry about helping me out. From reading your posts, it sounds like you have your hands full busting poachers. Keep up the good work! I'm tired of all the BS is GC.

All I'm asking is a name so we can verify the story.....Sorry if that offends you, but the mountain lion in Oklahoma stories have reached epic levels.

Most are bobcats that can grow to the 40 lb range and can be easily confused.
Bobcats can on occasion, grow longer tails than normal through genetics, and can be confused with a mountain lion.

Not trying to be confrontational, just wanting to make sure that we all have the facts.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
hell ya i made it on someones sig!

If u want some pics of 140+ deer from GC i will post some when i get off work.

No doubt of the 140 from Grant County. Big bucks there.
If I remember right the Captain of the NW counties told me that GC had its first B&C two years ago. Guy was on a small 7 acre plot as I remember.

Latest posts

Top Bottom