My first diesel -

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Truck that is. I've had tractors that will run on any diesel you put in the tank.

So I'm trying to figure out where to buy diesel fuel. From reading the owners manual, this new Duramx sounds damn picky on the fuel, as in stay away from bio-diesel fuel.

You guys have filling station recommendations on where to buy or stay away from when buying diesel?

New L5P Duramax
450 hp
910 lb-ft of torque

View attachment 105842
According to the research I have done you need to run a lubricity additive, the best of course is 20% bio diesel but there are other additives that can help make ultra low sulfur diesel perform like regular old diesel . The lubricity additives reduces wear on your pumps , injectors, etc . So stay away from commercial biodiesel sounds fishy to me

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
According to the research I have done you need to run a lubricity additive, the best of course is 20% bio diesel but there are other additives that can help make ultra low sulfur diesel perform like regular old diesel . The lubricity additives reduces wear on your pumps , injectors, etc . So stay away from commercial biodiesel sounds fishy to me

I’ll second that. I use Ford’s Cetane Boost with additives for lubricity in my F250. Maybe it’s my imagination but I swear that I hear and feel noticeable differences in the engine.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah I read that 10 years ago when it came out, and those 6.0l psd injectors really benefited from all of the lubricity additives and anything that would help with sticktion. But that doesn't hold true today, different animals all together imo. Run pure clean diesel.

My diesels are older 2000, 7.3 .......

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So it’s almost like a cummins from about 15 years ago. Nice...
Cummins never had a 500hp motor in a full size truck. Even their most powerful HO doesn't compare to this or the Powerstroke for that matter.

The only bad part I see with buying a Cummins, is the Dodge truck that comes with it.

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Cummins never had a 500hp motor in a full size truck. Even their most powerful HO doesn't compare to this or the Powerstroke for that matter.

The only bad part I see with buying a Cummins, is the Dodge truck that comes with it.
GM is the lemon these days. Rams got their stuff together nowadays

Latest posts

Top Bottom