My guilty denim pleasure

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

540Z28

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a hard time finding good jeans. Most of the ones that are tough and long lasting are too tight for me... I like to pocket carry sometimes, and it is pretty hard to draw out of tight jeans... either that or they have some queer lookin embroidery. So I usually just get some cheap Old Navy jeans. I wear out the knees in them in a couple years or so, but I just buy some more.

I hate when I spot what looks like a good lookin striped dress shirt, only to turn it over and see that it's got some crazy print going over the shoulder or some ****. I guess this is what it's like to get old. Come to think of it, I chased a young urban youth out of my yard earlier last year. Damn kids, stomping on my yard signs. Somebody needs to teach those whippersnappers a little respect!

Stay off your knees, They last longer. Jus sayin.' ......Jus Kiddin!!

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Your an adult....im a teen. Our roles are supposed to be reversed.

the difference between men and boys is the price of heir toys.

Holy geez!! Sounds like the feminization of the American male is in full swing here on OSA. Sad deal when you think about it.

Ahh one of the resident OSA troglodyte's speaks. Once you've looked that word up you can come talk **** to my face I'm at runners world every Monday and Thursday after work to go running.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Next thing ya know you'll be buying a pair of black spandex metrosexual running pants. With little ankle socks. What happened to real men that wear plain ole button up 501's??

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A pair of Rock Revival's. I know a little bit about sewing, when I turned them inside out to wash them the seams are insane on these things. Even at made in china labor prices there's a metric ton of work in those pant's.
I also looked at a pair of Antique Rivet's yesterday marked down to $59. I think I am going to go buy them so I have 2 pair of jeans that fit me without needing to be held up with a belt and gun holster inside the waist. Even with an IWB my old Jeans are all loose as a goose.

Meh, not my style. Those seem like Miss Me jeans for men, to me. No offense. I like designer jeans but I'll stick with Citizens of Humanity and Paige Premium Denim. Good old, made in the USA, denim. A couple of my favorite pair are Rock and Republic back when they were designer jeans, made in LA, before they sold out to Kohls and Kohls started having them made in China.

Citizen's of Humanity button looks like the casing of a spent 12 gauge shell. I mean, come on, how cool is that?

7.images.singer22.com_static_insets_images_604E_871_INSET3_1350058772.jpg

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a pair of Naked and Famous raw natural indigo, but lost more weight and they got sold on ebay. Same with the raw 501s... too big now.

As soon as I am sure my size stabilizes, I may throw down $$$ on a pair of Tellason or better yet, some 20+ ounce Momotaro. Just in time for summer.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a pair of Naked and Famous raw natural indigo, but lost more weight and they got sold on ebay. Same with the raw 501s... too big now.

As soon as I am sure my size stabilizes, I may throw down $$$ on a pair of Tellason or better yet, some 20+ ounce Momotaro. Just in time for summer.

I went through a raw denim phase years ago. Had several pairs of Evisu back before they got crazy with their designs. I've been to the Self Edge store in San Fran. Really cool place for a denim head. I just don't have the time to wear in a nice pair of raw jeans anymore. There is nothing like a pair though. The fit, the combs, the whiskering is unlike anything you can buy off the shelf.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Next thing ya know you'll be buying a pair of black spandex metrosexual running pants. With little ankle socks. What happened to real men that wear plain ole button up 501's??

Next thing I know. . . Ran in them all winter along with hundreds of other men.

I think we can agree to disagree

Cinaet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A young man early 20s wore a pair of those fancy jeans one day to a safety meeting (oilfield). No idea on brand but they had glittery shiny buttons all over. He caught so much hell about his jeans.

The oil patch is pretty hard on city slickers and their city slicker britches. ;) He'll probably end up making a top hand some day.

Latest posts

Top Bottom