My Jeep build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dubs chops

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
thanks guys, I am thinking about attaching a big webgear section to the roof to attach various gear and rifles to. do you think industrial Hook and loop would hold around 100lbs over about a 4X6 area overhead? I am trying to think of a way to do it without drilling through the hardtop.

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You suck, TJ parts are so much cheaper than JK parts. A rear bumper w/tire carrier like yours would cost me around $1k.

CD!!! Just trade me that JK (provided it's a 4 door) for one of these old CJs. Cheaper parts. I'll make a nice one for you.

Dubs, that's looking good. Ready to go out and break it yet?

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nope, it's a 2 dr. The Unlimiteds just don't feel like a Jeep, but they are awesome looking when they are tricked and topless.

True, but they sure do ride better for every day use. Our 83 has stock springs. they kinda move... a little. The 78 with the 360 and 1 ton diffs has 4" Skyjacker springs. You don't want to know what that's like. I think I'm gonna do a SOA with YJ springs on the 83. Supposed to ride nice, and flex a lot better.

More pics, damnit.

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
True story... you got me there! HA :) Funny thing is i dont think i ever rode w/ window down. I guess for same reason i never rode my bike w/o a helmet. not a fan of bugs in my face/teeth.

Sunglasses, and just keep your mouth closed. Our big CJ has removable pins, so you can completely take it off. Saves on broken glass from flying rocks/ mud, or when you roll it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom