My SKS & Me...an adventure in the making!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree with Tad... Tech Sights are by far the best mod you can do. They give you adjustable aperture sights and nearly double your sight radius -- it makes a huge difference. I would also get some 20 round detachable mags... my buddy really likes the ones by Promag.

I also like to have bottom sling swivels so I can use a GI web sling... I like to shoot a lot with a loop sling. There is more than one way to make this happen.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you're really interested in the "best" mods you can make to an SKS, here you go.

The first is like stronghold said. Do, or have done, a good trigger job. The SKS trigger/sear is known for it's propensity to let go at very inopportune times. They can be set off by dropping them on the butt. Kivaari is, indeed, an expert on fixing this issue.

The second mod is to purchase a spring-loaded firing pin (perhaps from Murray; google murray sks firing pin). The SKS firing pin is free-floating and it is not unheard of for an SKS to go into it's own version of full-automatic, especially when firing domestic, soft primer ammo.

Once you do these two things, then you can do the bubba stuff.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
both of those are pretty high...though I know how Rare :) of a sks model they are. Guess it is one of those Want things. It will always be an sks, though a cool one.

Think he is saying the ak is cheaper than buying one of these Rare models as priced above.

Latest posts

Top Bottom