My thoughts on a "Dreamer" compromise

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You may be correct. I wasn't pro deportation because Trump was talking about it. I was pro deportation because I believe there should be consequences for your actions. I don't base how I feel about situations on what others feel about situations. I will continue to stick to my guns and support whoever thinks most like I do. I never believed all the illegals would be thrown out but I gotta admit I liked the idea.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I never believed all the illegals would be thrown out

Exactly.... never going to happen. In fact, I will go as far as to say there will never ever ever be a concerted effort to significantly cut down on the number of illegals in this country. As in, they will never have mass deportations. There will be a few here and there, some symbolic and attention-grabbing headlines, but never EVER will they truly begin deporting large numbers of people who are here illegally. No matter WHO is in the White House or controls the legislature.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Trump just offered up DACA amnesty on steroids (he’s willing to include people who aren’t even registered under DACA) as part of the whole deal. Not later, not after the Wall, not after ending chain migration....now, as part of the package.
The Donald cut some folks off at the knees and suddenly it got real quiet lol...
Could it be that the Donald offered it up knowing full well the dims would reject it? (which they promptly did)
He was in no danger of ditching his campaign promise. He nixed DACA but gave them 6 months to come up with something or they had to go home. And now that 6 months is almost over. Now they are freaking out and drawing lines in the sand. He's playing them... And it's wonderful to watch!

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Could it be that the Donald offered it up knowing full well the dims would reject it? (which they promptly did)
He was in no danger of ditching his campaign promise. He nixed DACA but gave them 6 months to come up with something or they had to go home. And now that 6 months is almost over. Now they are freaking out and drawing lines in the sand. He's playing them... And it's wonderful to watch!

Careful with such analysis. The "never-Trumpers" won't ever forgive you.

Latest posts

Top Bottom