My thoughts on a "Dreamer" compromise

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Could it be that the Donald offered it up knowing full well the dims would reject it? (which they promptly did)
He was in no danger of ditching his campaign promise. He nixed DACA but gave them 6 months to come up with something or they had to go home. And now that 6 months is almost over. Now they are freaking out and drawing lines in the sand. He's playing them... And it's wonderful to watch!
He's riding them like a stick horse.....

sedona

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I worked with a guy who was a janitorial supervisor for large buildings in Tulsa.In the mornings he and his wife worked at a laundry making minimum wage.That is what they showed on their taxes.In the evenings the man made $45,000 a year cash working 5 hours a night 5 days a week.They had 3 children.2 of the children were in college that they didn't pay for plus they had food stamps and lived in a $200,000 house on 81st and Mingo.If they want to be legal they need to pay back every penny they stole from this country.

chadh2o

Gunslinger
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have trouble with this whole situation. I tend to have more in common with a lot of illegals than many Americans. I work for a living.

Add
I have a friend who owns a roofing co. He has a sub who does the actual roofing who is a legal immigrant. This is the person he 1099's. My friend thinks his sub has 2 ss cards. I found this hard to believe until you think about it. How many Dave Smith and Bob Smith do you know? If you have no birth cert, just go through the line twice. This is what my friend suspects. The way it was explained to me was the first $40k is claimed on one ss and the rest on the other. This way they get the bennies from .gov and collect all the income they can generate. Another thing I was told, the church the sub belongs to holds a class ran by immigration attorneys on how to circumvent the laws. I was dumbfounded and really f'in pissed, but whatareyagonnado. The politicians are as useful as a short cut 2x4.

DUk_n-nW4AES__g.jpg

Last edited:

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Exactly.... never going to happen. In fact, I will go as far as to say there will never ever ever be a concerted effort to significantly cut down on the number of illegals in this country. As in, they will never have mass deportations. There will be a few here and there, some symbolic and attention-grabbing headlines, but never EVER will they truly begin deporting large numbers of people who are here illegally. No matter WHO is in the White House or controls the legislature.

I can't like your post, but I do agree with it. :(

Latest posts

Top Bottom