My Worthless CCW "training" class & Constitutional Carry Opponets

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jack T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Meanwhile it's my 60th day of waiting for the permit to arrive.

My wife and I did our renewals online the same weekend. Few weeks later she sent an email asking about the status. OSBI responded the next day that her permit had been approved and was in the mail.

A month later I still hadn't gotten mine. . .so I sent an email asking the status. Guess what? OSBI responded the next day that my permit had been approved and was in the mail.

Coincidence, I'm sure.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My class was a complete joke, and the shooting portion was only 25 rounds. I loaded 10 in one mag and 15 in another, dumped both mags and left.
classroom portion was a joke. mostly him telling us why we needed the class...
we stood 3 feet from our targets, and did 5 reloads. i used my 1911, so that's 37 rounds or so. good enough for the instructor... but the class was only 5 bucks, so whatever.
Turn in the instructor who held the classes to the OSBI, as obviously he did not follow the state required curriculum.

Rod Snell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Turn in the instructor who held the classes to the OSBI, as obviously he did not follow the state required curriculum.
CLEET writes the lesson plans and is responsible for instructor QC. You really should call CLEET, ask for the SDA section, and report that instructor. They are interested.

gfercaks33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Class room part was fine but I can go read title 21 on my own and don't have to have it turned into a power point for me, a 15 question quiz that no competent person should fail, the shooting was pretty moronic also. I get where they are trying to educate people but the whole thing is a joke, if you want it to be a class make the curriculum informative.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Class room part was fine but I can go read title 21 on my own and don't have to have it turned into a power point for me, a 15 question quiz that no competent person should fail, the shooting was pretty moronic also. I get where they are trying to educate people but the whole thing is a joke, if you want it to be a class make the curriculum informative.
I didn't take my class there, but H&H has an attorney come in after the classroom session for a Q&A.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My class, taken in April or May 2008 was actually pretty good. The instructor was thorough, especially in gun safety and he was quite patient with this one lady who had never handled a gun before in her life and who was honestly scared to death of them.

I don't believe I learned anything new from the class, but it was still a good review.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Everyone has an opinion. A female friend took her class recently at Big Boys with my wife. It interested her enough that she then took an Intro to Firearms Class for Women; now she does go to the range some and actually practice. It was the SDA class that got her interest up. I think that's a positive thing. As far as I'm concerned, I'm not yet sure how I feel about this new OC bill floating around. Seems to me that we currently have at least some means of vetting those who want to carry a firearm, either concealed or openly.

Latest posts

Top Bottom