NAA PUG 22 Mag.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nighthawk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A customer ordered a North Amercan Arms 22 Mag. 5 shot Pug off the Gallery of Guns on my site the other day. It came in and and I checked it into my accusition book, as I looked the pistol over while looking for serial numbers I was quite impressed with the workmanship of this weapon. It is smaller than the NAA 22 Mag. that I currentally carry, and lighter.

When the customer came in to fill out the 4473 and pay for his new weapon, we read the directions together and I was more impressed with the inovations of its take down and cylinder removal. North American Arms has really ourdone themselves on this one. It comes with or with out night sights.

I ordered 3 of each for the shop, I think I will keep one for myself. I am thinking of puting an Ivory handle on it. If it shoots as good as it looks, I think we have a winner, if not we still need to remember what it is. It is a back up gun nothing more. If it is confortable to carry like a pocket knife, well it has done, its job.

This is just my opinion.

Nighthawk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here is a picture of the NAA 22 Mag Pug it is smaller and lighter than the smallest NAA 22 Mag. pistol the handle is rubber which makes it easer to hold onto. I think it looks cool. And it feels good in the hand. It is a great back up pistol. Like I tell people, just like a big pocket knife.

ai45.tinypic.com_10xgi7b.jpg

mmcbeat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IMO - striclty a guilty pleasure gun, very well made. I have an NAA (.22 short, no less). I would not consider it (.22 short, .22 LR or .22 mag.) as even a back to a back up. Too small, anemic round, worthless sights. SA. I would rather defend myself with a sharp stick. 'Nuff said.

Nighthawk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IMO - striclty a guilty pleasure gun, very well made. I have an NAA (.22 short, no less). I would not consider it (.22 short, .22 LR or .22 mag.) as even a back to a back up. Too small, anemic round, worthless sights. SA. I would rather defend myself with a sharp stick. 'Nuff said.

There is considerable diff. .22 short - .22 Mag now put a expanding hollow point in the equasion.

mmcbeat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is considerable diff. .22 short - .22 Mag now put a expanding hollow point in the equasion.

I agree but I think you will have trouble getting anything to expand coming out of a very short barrel. Take a good look at the target after shooting an NAA, chances are most of the rounds will keyhole.

Nighthawk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
do u have a pic of the other side ? how much do they run thanks

I do not have a pic of the other side but it looks the same on both sides.

I did not want to post price on this thread, because I was not wanting to make a sale here just inform about the weapon. I think it is a cool inovation they came out with.

You can find that real fast by going to my web site www.marksfirearms.com and looking it up on my Gallery of guns.

rw1341

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like the looks of it. I carry a NAA in .22 WRM as a last ditch backup to my backup. It is strictly a contact to 4 foot weapon and I realize its limitations and contrary to MMCBEAT, I always have said "it beats a sharp stick", but to each his own in that department.

mmcbeat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like the looks of it. I carry a NAA in .22 WRM as a last ditch backup to my backup. It is strictly a contact to 4 foot weapon and I realize its limitations and contrary to MMCBEAT, I always have said "it beats a sharp stick", but to each his own in that department.

I couldn't agree more with your "to each his own". Strictly a personal opinion, but if I am going to carry a defensive handgun, it is going to be a 9m/.38 spec., nothing less, nothing more. In a high-stress delf defense situation, I want to rely on reflex reactions, which I do not think I could with a minscule SA revolver. :thumb:

Latest posts

Top Bottom