NAA PUG 22 Mag.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nich018

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I couldn't agree more with your "to each his own". Strictly a personal opinion, but if I am going to carry a defensive handgun, it is going to be a 9m/.38 spec., nothing less, nothing more. In a high-stress delf defense situation, I want to rely on reflex reactions, which I do not think I could with a minscule SA revolver. :thumb:

agree ,but I also like a .380 for carry. I had an older NAA or one like it and was glad to trade it off. jmho

Nighthawk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here is a picture of the NAA 22 Mag Pug it is smaller and lighter than the smallest NAA 22 Mag. pistol the handle is rubber which makes it easer to hold onto. I think it looks cool. And it feels good in the hand. It is a great back up pistol. Like I tell people, just like a big pocket knife.

ai45.tinypic.com_10xgi7b.jpg

I do not have a camera ready to show you, but I just got some Ivory grips to put on mine, they really dress it up and make it look like a gentlemans weapon. I even was able to get a Paul knife with imatation ivory handles on it so that they match, now I am looking real up town. Just need a cane and top hat and I will be set! No cracks guys. When I get acces to a camera again I will take a picture.

TallPrairie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Pug is a cool looking little piece. I love the improved sights and the grip. Only thing: I really wish it had a 2.5" to 3" barrel. You are going to lose so much of the .22 Mag's velocity and power into mere noise and flash with a tiny barrel like that. Keyholing too.

Basically I want a less pug-nosed version of the Pug. With a better barrel length it would still be small and pocketable. That would make for a real trail companion.

Rob72

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I opened up the directions it showed pictures of longer ones. The place I ordered the ones for the store did not have them on their list yet. Maybe they are coming.

I think ya'll are talking about the Mini Master. I love mine. I got it as a carry-anywhere pack pistol. It is as accurate as my Ruger MkII out to 15 yards, and is more limited by my eyes and the Millet sights than it's inherent accuracy beyond that. Kinda rare, but very nice.

Stingray

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Pug is super cool. I saw one in person the other day. It was all I could do to not take it home with me, and I have no use for one whatsoever.

-S

Nighthawk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
if a bullet keyholes it will do more damage because its tumbling, ala the 5.45x39 round

That was what I was thnking too. Correct me if I am wrong, because bulistics is not my strong area. The 5.45X39 has a offset bubble in the nose that makes it do more of a cork screw. That is what I was told by an alleged ex-KGB agent. I want to say again 'alleged' because that is what he said he was. But I was also told that by others too.

Josh-L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The 545x39 round has an empty spot in it and a steel core that will slide back and forth in that void making it tumble not cork screw. While technically tumbling may create a larger wound channel, we are still talking about a .22 here. I could do more damage with my knife at contact distance. I do think the PUGs are cool though. But they would be a back up to a back up to a back up to my knife.

kd5rjz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can find that real fast by going to my web site www.marksfirearms.com and looking it up on my Gallery of guns.

Horrible website!

LOUD flash into completely unrelated to the business, annoying if you're at work trying to spend some money on guns.

Then - Numerous misspellings and grammar issues on the main page of site.

Also - the "gallery of guns" doesn't seem to work in Chrome on Win7 or Safari on OSX 10.6. The "gallery of guns" isn't even hosted on Mark's site, it redirects to someone else's site "davidsonsinc.com".

Mark, you've got a good business and sometimes some competitive prices - but you need to ditch the high school student that designed your WEBSITE FAIL

Also, please PM me a price on the NAA in .22 Mag.

Latest posts

Top Bottom