Need input on my next project...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TJay74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok it is time to start researching on mods for my Ruger 10/22.

So far I am thinking of putting a Hogue stock on it and replacing the barrell with a .920 bull barrell. Then I was thinking of putting the TacSol extended mag release and some of the Volq trigger parts.

Anyone got any other suggestions?

Hogue stock (black)
.920 barrell (TacSol - black)
TacSol extended mag release
Volq trigger kit

I think this should make it a nice little tack driver in the end. It shoots great now, just time to address some appearence things on my list.

Leadlobber

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You might add bolt buffer pin reduces the metal on metal bump as the bolt moves to the rear.

Extra 10 shot mag.

Lots of ammo, I suggest Federal Auto Match some Wally worlds carry it.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
On the ten shot mags I like the clear ones that way when shooting you can pull out the mags and top off accordingly.

We used them in the last steel challenge match I shot and the worked great.

kd5rjz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok it is time to start researching on mods for my Ruger 10/22.

So far I am thinking of putting a Hogue stock on it and replacing the barrell with a .920 bull barrell. Then I was thinking of putting the TacSol extended mag release and some of the Volq trigger parts.

Anyone got any other suggestions?

Hogue stock (black)
.920 barrell (TacSol - black)
TacSol extended mag release
Volq trigger kit

I think this should make it a nice little tack driver in the end. It shoots great now, just time to address some appearence things on my list.

I think you will find the trigger kit will make the biggest difference in accuracy. the barrels are more cosmetic than anything else (and depending on manufacturer possibly made to a less strict quality control standard than the original). The stocks will help with accuracy, especially if it's being shot by someone larger than Rugers stock was designed for. The extended mag release and a good bolt buffer are the best bang for your buck on a 10/22.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What do you want to do with it? Shoot from a bench or fast transition from target to target like a steel challenge match? I have 3 10/22 rifles and the ones set up for steel challenge are the most fun to me.

TJay74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mainly just set it up to my liking. I plan on getting a new B&C stock for my Savage 10FP and having the barrell shortened to 20" then once that is done getting into this 10/22.

I guess I am going to the tactical look and am wanting to replace the crappy factory stock and make it look uniform with the .920 black bull barrell. It will be a range toy for me and the wife as she does not like my otehr guns due to the noise and recoil.

Latest posts

Top Bottom