Need Recommendations on hand gun for my wife

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife is a small woman 118 pounds and around 5 ft 1 inch. Her hands are tiny also. Here’s a list of handguns I’ve tried her to consider using without success.
S&w ultra lite snub nose .38 spec.
Charter arms 32 h&r mag revolver
CZ P10 S 9mm

The Smith was the only one she’d fire more than on loading. I believe it was 15 total. Afterwards she had the makings of a slammed blood blister on her hand.

So any suggestions? Right now a pump 20 ga in our bedroom is she says she’d shoot again. I have my doubts she’d be successful with it beyond one round too because of the pumping action. It’s a personal protection style.

Open to suggestions.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Take her to a gun store that rents guns. Let her handle every single one of them. Shoot the ones she says she likes. Rinse, repeat until she finds what she likes.

Also, find an NRA certified instructor. Pay for as many lessons as she wants/needs/is willing to take.

Tell her I said to have fun!

ohms

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife is a small woman 118 pounds and around 5 ft 1 inch. Her hands are tiny also. Here’s a list of handguns I’ve tried her to consider using without success.
S&w ultra lite snub nose .38 spec.
Charter arms 32 h&r mag revolver
CZ P10 S 9mm

The Smith was the only one she’d fire more than on loading. I believe it was 15 total. Afterwards she had the makings of a slammed blood blister on her hand.

So any suggestions? Right now a pump 20 ga in our bedroom is she says she’d shoot again. I have my doubts she’d be successful with it beyond one round too because of the pumping action. It’s a personal protection style.

Open to suggestions.
Take her to a range that will let her try an assortment. Most will avoid this suggestion but if nothing else makes her comfortable and all else fails try .22 or .22 mag. Always better than a sharp stick.

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Take her to a gun store that rents guns. Let her handle every single one of them. Shoot the ones she says she likes. Rinse, repeat until she finds what she likes.

Also, find an NRA certified instructor. Pay for as many lessons as she wants/needs/is willing to take.

Tell her I said to have fun!

Great advice. More importantly from another woman. Even more importantly one that has sold a bunch of firearms to women.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ruger LCR 38. Light 13.5 oz and get her some Hornady 90gr FTX.

1717622241578.jpeg

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How about a S&W EZ in 380? I know several people that really like those. Don't let the EZ part fool you. Yes it's great for those with low hand strength, but the ease of use makes it very appealing for anyone to use. The lighter 380 round and being a semi auto will absorb more of the felt recoil.

If you think 380 is too small, they do make a 9mm version.

Latest posts

Top Bottom