Need some guidance on a carry pistol.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like the Kel-tec PF9 as it is super thin and light weight. I bought one and plan on getting my CCP within the next month or so. It is very accurate and is reasonably priced. It does tend to have a "sting" to it when firing, but I don't think that will matter when the time comes. Good Luck!!

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I choose to carry IWB, right behind my hip bone kind of "over the right buttcheek" area. If you will be doing a lot of sitting this is better than anywhere in the front as in the front it bends and digs into your stomach/hip. I also like this in the event of a "Give me your wallet" I can be doing what looks like reaching for my wallet when in actuality I am reaching for something else in the same vicinity. Totally personal preference and its up to you. For a good value I would look at Galco gun leather holsters. They are inexpensive but don't let the price fool you. I absolutely loved mine.

Erick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a couple Looper's belts that are functionally excellent, but the finish has worn off my black belt pretty seriously after a year of almost-daily wear. I don't believe there's a better $50 gun belt though. I'm looking into a Beltman belt to replace it.

Yea, a good belt makes a world of difference. Looper's belts are priced great for the quality in my opinion.

I was actually in Looper's shop today. I needed a few personalized things done to my belt and the service could not have been better. I love the fact that they are local and it's even more comforting knowing that they take care of their customers. I've heard that they have a few new holster designs coming out that will be first class.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Polymer-framed striker-fired pistol with a double-stack magazine, versus an alloy-framed hammer-fired DA/SA (DAO/DAK optional) pistol with a single-stack magazine.

There is considerable difference in how they are constructed and function, yes.

cowzrul

Distinguished 1998
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is there a big difference between a M&P9C and a Sig P239? They seem the be relatively the same weight and size.

Having owned and carried both I can say the M&P doesn't conceal as well. I carried both in a MTAC IWB holster and the pistol grip of the M&P prints wearing the same style clothes.

TonyT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For several years I carried a Glock 36 about the slimmest 45ACP which was available at that time. it was a great gun, rel;iable and accurate but I could not conceal relaibly at all times. After a long search i finally opted for the Kahr PM-9, 7 rounds of 9mm in a compact package with great reliabuility and supoer accuracy. I now carry my Kahr PM-9 at all times in a pocket holster.

Latest posts

Top Bottom